Page 1 of 2
Alrighty...so I'm starting high school this year. And I'm pretty excited. Why? Because no one I've known growing up has played music. Nobody. Ok, well 2 drummers who play once every 2 years. Woo.

My hope is that I meet some people who enjoy playing music as much as I do. But I have one fear...what if no one in any of my classes plays music? Am I screwed, or should I start asking around? I know this is probably stupid, but it's getting to the point where I'm not hanging out with certain people anymore because I'm bored. Nobody shares my interest. I'm turning into a reclusive, anti-social, stuck up jackass.

What do, pit?
Gear

EVH Wolfgang Special
Schecter Omen 7
Sterling JP70
Fender Newporter Acoustic
Bugera 6262
Peavey XXX 4x12
Dunlop Cry-Baby Wah
Ask around. If no one in your immediate class does, chances are there are in higher grades. Just strut your shit and people will talk about people that have blown their minds in the past.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
You can find some musicians in band or in the band room. Otherwise just talk to and get to know people and keep an open eye and ear.
"This one is machine and nerve, and has its mind concluded
This one is but flesh and faith, and is the more deluded."
Learn to find other mutual common interests. Seriously.

It's not difficult. Kids these days, I tell you what.

Also, this thread makes me feel old.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Not be a freshman
Please call me Rainer, was 16 and empty minded when I made my profile.

Sometimes I talk to myself too...but never on the internet.
engage in other interests. be more about others and less about yourself. take an interest in other peoples lives.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
I started high school in 2004. So you were born in like 1999 or 2000....

Just talk to everyone and have fun. It's high school. You're not supposed to worry so much. I'm sure if your school is decent sized you'll meet at least one other musician who enjoys the same whatever blah blah blah
Lol @ freshman.

16 yo senior here.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by stratman_13
Learn to find other mutual common interests. Seriously.

It's not difficult. Kids these days, I tell you what.

Also, this thread makes me feel old.

I've tried though. And all the people I've been going to school with either do nothing but play xbox or be narcissistic ass wipes. Or they skateboard. And the people that live in my neighborhood are no different...so believe me, I've tried.
Gear

EVH Wolfgang Special
Schecter Omen 7
Sterling JP70
Bugera 6262
Peavey XXX 4x12
Dunlop Cry-Baby Wah
Quote by LOUDER!
I've tried though. And all the people I've been going to school with either do nothing but play xbox or be narcissistic ass wipes. Or they skateboard. And the people that live in my neighborhood are no different...so believe me, I've tried.

Well you better get ready to deal with a lot more of the same, unless you plan on trying to befriend upperclassmen.

Which you won't because they're probably just as bad as the younger ones.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13
Well you better get ready to deal with a lot more of the same, unless you plan on trying to befriend upperclassmen.

Which you won't because they're probably just as bad as the younger ones.

Nah, seniors are ʞool
Please call me Rainer, was 16 and empty minded when I made my profile.

Sometimes I talk to myself too...but never on the internet.
Just keep an open mind. Join the school concert band, take music courses, audition for talent shows or any festivals that your school does. It's really not that hard, I doubt you are that unique of a person that you will never find anyone out there that you have something in common with. Don't just limit your friends to only musicians for god's sake.
Quote by LOUDER!

xbox is more fun than your bad music anyway
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Aug 19, 2013,
Quote by Weaponized
Dont be such an annoying person.

Yeah you're probably right

And no, I'm not planning on befriending someone and then saying "screw you" if I find out they aren't a musician.

Quote by WCPhils
xbox is more fun than you're bad music anyway

Yeah I know...
Gear

EVH Wolfgang Special
Schecter Omen 7
Sterling JP70
Bugera 6262
Peavey XXX 4x12
Dunlop Cry-Baby Wah
Phils can try to hide it but we all know he used "you're" instead of "your".
"This one is machine and nerve, and has its mind concluded
This one is but flesh and faith, and is the more deluded."
Your interests will change.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by RealUnrealRob
Phils can try to hide it but we all know he used "you're" instead of "your".

<_<

>_>
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
My time machine worked! It's me when I was 14! What's up, man?

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
I found countless musicians through band class and participating in everything that has to do with music.

Check bulletin boards, go in clubs, etc. I know it helped me a lot!

though it seems like people that suck want to start a band and people that are good are stuck up assholes around here

then there is me who is okay at instruments and wants to start a band
Quote by cho0onger
My time machine worked! It's me when I was 14! What's up, man?

Not much. Still working on my theory and other skill improving stuffs...how's the future my friend?

Quote by yoman297

I found countless musicians through band class and participating in everything that has to do with music.

Check bulletin boards, go in clubs, etc. I know it helped me a lot!

though it seems like people that suck want to start a band and people that are good are stuck up assholes around here

then there is me who is okay at instruments and wants to start a band

I definitely plan on checking out the music programs and clubs.
Gear

EVH Wolfgang Special
Schecter Omen 7
Sterling JP70
Bugera 6262
Peavey XXX 4x12
Dunlop Cry-Baby Wah
Last edited by LOUDER! at Aug 19, 2013,
Dude, the amount of musicians in high school is kind of ridiculous. Though, if you want to find whole groups of 'em, go find the band room.

But hey, being an anti-social jackass is fine too! I mean, just look at me!
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
high school never endssss

Quote by RealUnrealRob
You can find some musicians in band or in the band room. Otherwise just talk to and get to know people and keep an open eye and ear.

Pretty much this.

And trust me bud, you're going to find people who play music.
Quote by Mister A.J.
Dude, the amount of musicians in high school is kind of ridiculous. Though, if you want to find whole groups of 'em, go find the band room.

But hey, being an anti-social jackass is fine too! I mean, just look at me!

It's probably made me to practice a lot more than I would have!
Gear

EVH Wolfgang Special
Schecter Omen 7
Sterling JP70
Bugera 6262
Peavey XXX 4x12
Dunlop Cry-Baby Wah
Quote by zincabopataurio
Just keep an open mind. Join the school concert band, take music courses, audition for talent shows or any festivals that your school does. It's really not that hard, I doubt you are that unique of a person that you will never find anyone out there that you have something in common with. Don't just limit your friends to only musicians for god's sake.

this. if you do this your high school years will be dull as shit.
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
don't ditch people just cause they don't play music. that's one way to end up with no/few friends, or friends that you only have one thing in common with.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
aw
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
When I started out in high school basically none of my friends played music. And even when I found friends that played music, they weren't the ones I usually hung out with.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Jesus christ this thread makes me feel old, and I'm only 20. I didn't know the pit had 12 year olds..
Quote by LOUDER!
Alrighty...so I'm starting high school this year. And I'm pretty excited. Why? Because no one I've known growing up has played music. Nobody. Ok, well 2 drummers who play once every 2 years. Woo.

My hope is that I meet some people who enjoy playing music as much as I do. But I have one fear...what if no one in any of my classes plays music? Am I screwed, or should I start asking around? I know this is probably stupid, but it's getting to the point where I'm not hanging out with certain people anymore because I'm bored. Nobody shares my interest. I'm turning into a reclusive, anti-social, stuck up jackass.

What do, pit?

No one in high school gives a shit that you play guitar
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Page 1 of 2