Mother writes another mother anonymous letter, telling here to get rid of autistic...

Page 1 of 3
I saw this on Facebook earlier. Are you asking if the woman who wrote a letter basically telling somebody to kill her handicapped kid is in the right?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I saw this on the news earlier. That's just sick...I can't really believe the one who wrote that is a mother herself. I think she's totally in the wrong.
Gear

EVH Wolfgang Special
Schecter Omen 7
Sterling JP70
Fender Newporter Acoustic
Bugera 6262
Peavey XXX 4x12
Dunlop Cry-Baby Wah
[didn't read article/letter]

That's completely wrong. Autistic people aint all that bad and euthanasia isn't something to be considered lightly at all, only in the direst of circumstances.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by lolmnt
I saw this on Facebook earlier. Are you asking if the woman who wrote a letter basically telling somebody to kill her handicapped kid is in the right?

Im just trying to start a discussion, although it is pretty obvious that everyone is on the same side here.
Quote by Hydra150
[didn't read article/letter]

That's completely wrong. Autistic people aint all that bad and euthanasia isn't something to be considered lightly at all, only in the direst of circumstances.

I agree. Children in the Orient are a very heavy topic that should never be taken lightly.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
The irony is that the mother sounds the most autistic.

Like, more autistic than some of members of UG, if that were possible.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Wow, pretty awful stuff to write to someone. If they find out who wrote it they're gonna be in for a hell of a welcome party by the rest of the neighbourhood.
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
The fact that someone who'd write something this vile and poorly written is going to criticize the mental state and ability to function in society of another person is absurd.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Saw this earlier. Pretty indefensible stuff. the fact that it happened in Canada subverts the ol' national stereotype just a little.
Saw this earlier today on the news. Author needs a good swift kick in the cunt.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
First half or so was defensible, although the tone throughout wasn't. When she started talking about euthanasia, I somewhat wished she was subject to the involuntary kind.
Quote by stratman_13
I agree. Children in the Orient are a very heavy topic that should never be taken lightly.

wat this means??
I read the letter and it's absolutely disgusting. If she doesn't like it she should move, not tell another mother to put her child to death. This woman has no heart and I feel bad for her kids. God forbid if any of them had a mental handicap.
STಠ_ಠ
Mother Karley Begley spoke with CityNews and broke down in tears as she tried to read the letter.

"mrs. begley, can you read this letter out loud for us?"

"...why? it's all here in writing."

"yeah but we want to see if you cry or not."
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
I think she's either got to be a teenager who got knocked up, or a severely uneducated woman, judging by the over-use of exclamation points and question marks.

but yeah, that letter is ridiculous. absolutely disgusting.
Quote by TooktheAtrain
First half or so was defensible, although the tone throughout wasn't. When she started talking about euthanasia, I somewhat wished she was subject to the involuntary kind.

wat this means??

euthanasia sounds like youth in asia
Quote by macashmack
euthanasia sounds like youth in asia

There's an entire Sacha Baron-Cohen interview structured around that.

O I see now. I feel so dumb for not getting it, cheers.
Quote by macashmack
Im just trying to start a discussion, although it is pretty obvious that everyone is on the same side here.

Were you expecting people to support someone writing abuse about a child with autism? Do you think anyone with any inkling of decorum would do that?

I really don't understand why this person cares about what some anonymous, grammatically-challenged neighbor thinks or why it's news worthy that people hold those kind of opinions. Maybe to open opportunities like this for people to suddenly have bleeding hearts for a community they have little knowledge of or experience with?
Last edited by MakinLattes at Aug 19, 2013,
Fuqkin disgusting pig dog bitch. How the fuqk could you write that?!?!? AND actually deliver it? I don't give two half fuqs what the grandmother is or isn't doing; this letter is the height of despicable.

^^^^^ More people than you might imagine, myself included, have family experience with Autism, hence the outrage.
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
Last edited by SFosterS at Aug 19, 2013,

I really don't understand why this person cares about what some anonymous, grammatically-challenged neighbor thinks or why it's news worthy that people hold those kind of opinions. Maybe to open opportunities like this for people to suddenly have bleeding hearts for a community they have little knowledge of or experience with?

Yes, because there's nothing creepy or threatening about receiving anonymous letters full of vile invective.

You're probably right to suspect cynicism in the motives of the news organisation/s, but it's quite easy to imagine that good can come of their decision to make it news.

If anything, at least the family will receive emotional support from others in the community they share, and perhaps correspondence with others who have experienced the same thing.
Quote by TooktheAtrain

wat this means??

So you're ok with this?
I also live in this neighbourhood and have a problem!!!! You have a kid that is mentally handicapped and you consciously decided that it would be a good idea to live in a close proximity neighgbourhood like this???? You selfishly put your kid outside everyday and let him be a nothing but a nuisance and a problem to everyone else with that noise polluting whaling he constantly makes!!! That noise he makes when he is outside is DREADFUL!!!!!!!!!! It scares the hell out of my normal children!!!!!!!!!
Crying babies, music and even barking dogs are normal sounds in a residential neighbourhood!!!!! He is NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
So you're ok with this?

Well, when you tone it down it comes down to a noise issue. If he is disturbing others in the neighborhood, it is his parents responsibility to mitigate that issue.

Obviously it's not really the kid's fault, and we should expect a baseline level of tolerance for others, but if it was causing severe distress to other children, then maybe he should have been taken to the park or something.
Quote by TooktheAtrain
Well, when you tone it down it comes down to a noise issue. If he is disturbing others in the neighborhood, it is his parents responsibility to mitigate that issue.

Obviously it's not really the kid's fault, and we should expect a baseline level of tolerance for others, but if it was causing severe distress to other children, then maybe he should have been taken to the park or something.

If this persons children are distressed it's because they inherited their mothers mental capacity.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by TooktheAtrain

Why shouldn't he be allowed to play in his front yard like every other kid?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Yes it's terrible and disgusting and all that, but why is this news? Why are we calling the cops and giving this so much attention? Terrible things happen every day; I don't think this is even a crime? Please don't misunderstand, I feel this is terribly awful but I don't get why it deserves news articles and police investigations.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by lolmnt

He should be allowed to. I'm saying if indeed he was causing distress to other children, then maybe his parents have a responsibility to mitigate that distress caused.

As it happens, we have no way of knowing what he was doing, so we can't say that he was causing distress. I'm just saying that the parents would have a responsibility to make sure he was interacting in a way that was not distressing to other children, intervening where necessary.
Quote by TooktheAtrain
Yes, because there's nothing creepy or threatening about receiving anonymous letters full of vile invective.

It's not like the person put a burning puzzle piece in her front yard.

You're probably right to suspect cynicism in the motives of the news organisation/s, but it's quite easy to imagine that good can come of their decision to make it news.

It's quite easy to imagine anyone who read that article forgetting it within a day or two after having momentarily worked themselves into a frenzy.

If anything, at least the family will receive emotional support from others in the community they share, and perhaps correspondence with others who have experienced the same thing.

That would depend on the people in their community reading the paper (if there is even an article in the local paper) and actually caring enough to approach the woman with a screaming child in her yard.
Quote by lolmnt

Because he's a ******. Duh. And makes funny noises. And distresses "normal" children.
God sometimes you're dense.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by TooktheAtrain
He should be allowed to. I'm saying if indeed he was causing distress to other children, then maybe his parents have a responsibility to mitigate that distress caused.

As it happens, we have no way of knowing what he was doing, so we can't say that he was causing distress. I'm just saying that the parents would have a responsibility to make sure he was interacting in a way that was not distressing to other children, intervening where necessary.
Sheltering kids from somebody different isn't good for them.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by Jackal58
Because he's a ******. Duh. And makes funny noises. And distresses "normal" children.
God sometimes you're dense.

When I was around 9 or 10, my brother (two years younger than me) was expelled for behavioural problems that were later attributed to an autism spectrum disorder. He kicked people to greet them and so on, had an inexplicable urge to climb lamp-posts, and would swear a fair deal.

Now, I'm sure that he had problems controlling his behaviour and it would take a shitty person to hold it against him, but obviously his behaviour had impact on other children and teachers, and the provision of education, amoung other things.
Quote by lolmnt
Sheltering kids from somebody different isn't good for them.

This is mostly true, depending on the specific instances we're talking about.

Then again, there's a difference between not wanting kids to see someone because they're different, and not wanting your kids to see someone because that difference is causing problems without the involvement of one's personal judgments.

As I've said, it's good judgment applied to individual cases that is the tool of choice here, not blanket statements.
Quote by TooktheAtrain

Then again, there's a difference between not wanting kids to see someone because they're different, and not wanting your kids to see someone because that difference is causing problems without the involvement of one's personal judgments.

As I've said, it's good judgment applied to individual cases that is the tool of choice here, not blanket statements.
If only we had some insight into this particular case.

Oh wait we do. She said they should keep him inside because of the noise he makes.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by TooktheAtrain

It's not pretending you are making an anonymous post on the internet. That letter is an attack on that family from a gutless Facebook whore.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by lolmnt
If only we had some insight into this particular case.

Oh wait we do. She said they should keep him inside because of the noise he makes.

That insight is limited. He might be yelling in their faces or acting aggressively.

Her children's distress, if real, should be taken into account. I mean he's hardly going to benefit from an environment where he's feared or whatever, and a park seems a better solution.

This is probably a waste of time, seeing as we're using a hate filled letter as a source of information. It's probable that it isn't all that reliable.
Quote by TooktheAtrain
When I was around 9 or 10, my brother (two years younger than me) was expelled for behavioural problems that were later attributed to an autism spectrum disorder. He kicked people to greet them and so on, had an inexplicable urge to climb lamp-posts, and would swear a fair deal.

Now, I'm sure that he had problems controlling his behaviour and it would take a shitty person to hold it against him, but obviously his behaviour had impact on other children and teachers, and the provision of education, amoung other things.

But it's not like you have personal experience or any insight on this matter, right?
Page 1 of 3