Let's pretend for a moment that you become famous and have a distinctive guitar that some company wants to turn into its newest signature model!

Question 1: Which company calls you?

Question 2: Which model?

Question 3: What features will you include to make the sig model a distinctive instrument?

Question 4: What other specifications will you insist on?

Question 5: What goodies will you want to include with the guitar when a customer buys it new?

If you want to post pics, here are some cool guitar editors:
Les Paul/single cutaway model
SG model
http://www.nymphusa.com/tele/yswtct-kisekae-e.asp#Kisekae VIM System
Last edited by imsoangry at Aug 19, 2013,
No offense to the makers of the guitars I already own, including the work of some fine luthiers (Jon Kammerer Guitars and RockBeach) but I'd probably go with a Myka for Standard tuning and a Crimson for New Standard Tuning.

Probably either some exotic woods or oddball colors, plus abalone inlay that was significant to me.

I'm not sure about the main pickups- assuming my "sig" wasn't just a cosmetic variant for one of those makers' extant models- but I'd probably include a piezo system.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Aug 19, 2013,
Fender

Telecaster

6/7 string models, ebony fingerboard, maple neck. Flat white or flat black finishes.

EMG Pickups, or Lundgren M 7s

Generic case candy.
Main Rig:

Epiphone MKH Les Paul Custom 7 - Ronda
Ibanez RG8 "Scarlet" - AKA The Rambanez
Fender Strat "Danielle"/"Dani"
Line 6 POD HD Pro
Randall XL 4x12

Come join us...

Purchase list: Jim Root Tele, Jim Root Jazzmaster, MTM20
Q1: Gibson

Q2: Les Paul

Q3: Mine would be kind of a hybrid of the Les Paul Custom, Les Paul Deluxe, and Les Paul Studio. I'd have three pickups (neck & bridge mini humbucker with a firebird pickup in the middle position), ebony fretboard, all-mahogany body with transparent white satin finish, and a Bigsby tremolo.

Q4: I'd either want the body chambered/weight-relieved, or built in such a way to keep it around the 9 lb range. Strap locks and a graphite nut are also included.

Q5: I'd include a hard case and two truss rod covers - one with my signature on it, and one that just says "GIBSON" on it. (That way, if you don't want to show off the fact that you're playing a signature model, you don't have to).

Last edited by imsoangry at Aug 19, 2013,
1. Gibson

2. ES-335

3. Three pickups with coil taps on each, block inlays (ala LP Custom), unique dark crimson body, nickel hardware and a Bigsby.

4. Cat's eye f-holes (small) and a longer neck tenon, strap locks.

5. Decent hardcase, limited edition plain black leather strap (with maybe a small tag to note where it originated from), hand signed certificate of authenticity, personalised picks and a care set.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Question 1: Mayones

Question 2: Regius 8

Question 3: Bubinga neck w/ ovangkol stringers, wenge fingerboard, SD Pegasus and Sentient 8 string pickups, swamp ash wings, black oil finish on wings only

Question 4: Hipshot hardware, 5 way switch, black hardware

Question 5: Extra set of strings, Hard case, picks, and a care kit.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
1. Carvin

2. The hopefully/maybe/probably not coming-soon CT8

3. Claro walnut body and top, 5pc wenge/koa neck, rounded headstock, birdseye maple fretboard

4. Fan frets 25.5"-27", tuned to Drop E, birdseye knobs/tuner heads, gold hardware

5. Just case goodies. Also, dark wine red soft-fuzzy-happy-warm interior w/ black outer shell, gold hardware on the case.

It'd be pretty hawt.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
1. Gibson

2. SG

3. Mahogany body with flame maple top, mahogany neck, ebony fretboard. Floyd Rose.

4. White pickguard (the small style) and pickup rings with a nice trans red finish, Les Paul custom diamond inlay on the headstock, block inlays on the fretboard, grover tuners, satin finish on the neck. Chrome hardware.

5. Just the typical stuff, strap, signed certificate, nice hard case.
Honestly, the maker doesn't matter much

1. Someone good

2. Explorer (modeled after a Gibson

3. Acrylic, Graphite neck, Acrylic, individual roller saddle bridge, fanned fret system. Everything black.

4. Steel Pickguard, no inlays of any kind, schaller locking tuners, jumbo frets, a roller nut to accentuate the fanned fret system, Dimarzio X2N in the bridge and an Eric Johnson Custom in the neck, preferably both set up for coil splitting. Wouldn't mind some kind of funky Floyd Rose developed for it. Phase reverse switch and kill switch would be nice, as well.

5. Case, I suppose

If you're wondering why acrylic, I've seen enough scientific evidence that wood effects the tone of an electric guitar in absolutely NO way, shape or form, it just kills sustain. The harder the body, the more sustain, and acrylic is about as hard as you can get without breaking your back.
Last edited by Velcro Man at Aug 20, 2013,
Quote by FrankenStrat77
1. Gibson

2. SG

3. Mahogany body with flame maple top, mahogany neck, ebony fretboard. Floyd Rose.

4. White pickguard (the small style) and pickup rings with a nice trans red finish, Les Paul custom diamond inlay on the headstock, block inlays on the fretboard, grover tuners, satin finish on the neck. Chrome hardware.

5. Just the typical stuff, strap, signed certificate, nice hard case.

Now that is something I would play!
1) Squier

2) Strat.

3) Swamp Ash. Carved maple top. Birdseye flamed maple neck.

4) Diamond inlays throughout the board, locking tuners, leather strap, schallers etc.

Just to **** with people.
1. PRS
2. Custom 24
3. Brazilian Rosewood fretboard, Ribboned Mahogany backwood, flame maple top, Peruvian maple neck
4. gold hardware, cream binding, satin neck, gold eagle inlays, strap locks, 2 tone 2 volume knobs, 10 gage strings, my name on the truss rod cover, my signature on the back of the headstock, custom red volcano finish
5. white italian leather hand stitched case with mink fur interrior, gold hardware and a 6 digit combination lock, set of extra strings, a signed picture of my face, 10 dunlop .73 picks, a black satin cloth, certificate of authenticity and the rest of the usual PRS crap
Question 1: Fender

Question 2: Stratocaster

Question 3:Neck through, back routed, original floyd rose bridge floating, fender vintage style neck made of wenge, body of black walnut, ebony fretboard, 22 frets or 24 (22 to not affect the neck pickup tone)

Question 4: noiseless humbuckers in single coil size, coil tappable, phase/not phase switch, active on/off switches, tone and volume knobs for all three pickups, jumbo stainless steel frets.

Question 5: Tweed case, with crimson interior, option of either the nice wood version with nitro cellulose clear finish (to show the wood), or one made of ash body and maple neck with ebony fretboard, red inlay dots, body painted with a metallic red burst (think the gibson silverburst les paul, with the back of the neck and headstock featuring a burst also). optional tung oiled neck with no finish (for speed for the shredders)
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Originally Posted by Tulkas
Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.
It would have to have an Evertune bridge, not sure about the other details.
1: Jackson

2: Soloist

3: Mahogany body with a Mahogany neck-through-body design. EMG 81 Bridge, EMG SA, in the middle, EMG 85 in the neck. White as could be with black binding, Ebony fingerboard, 24 XJ frets, Pearl sharkfin inlay, all black hardware, TITANIUM FLOYD ROSE, some crazy strong strap locks (For guitar spins of course. I've never done one. But shoot. It'd be my signature!). And a sick looking black cross on the back airbrushed.

4: Titanium Floyd Rose

5: A nice leather strap with my personal favorite's song lyrics tooled into it, Personally signed certificates of authenticity, a tight looking hand tooled leather bound KJV Bible (It'd be pretty cool.) and a bookmark with my band's logo. And of course a hardshell Jackson Case.
Siggery or blackmachine (ignoring the rarity of both)

Custom 8 string superstrat

fanned frets, 28.5" scale, walnut top, swamp ash body, inversed parker fly style headstock, flush bridge, an EHX Freeze or equivalent built into the guitar, locking tuners on the tuners; not the nut (you know what I mean; I forgot what they're called)

probably a strap.

rather fittingly, this isn't too far away from my own axe.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Aug 20, 2013,
Quote by Mephaphil
1) Squier

2) Strat.

3) Swamp Ash. Carved maple top. Birdseye flamed maple neck.

4) Diamond inlays throughout the board, locking tuners, leather strap, schallers etc.

Just to **** with people.

+1.

1)Mayones/Caparison

2)A left-handed 8-string version of the Caparison Horus, 28"-inch neck.

3) Caduceus inlay along the neck. "Peppermaster" finish (google it). Alder body, mahogany neck with ebony fingerboard.

4) 8-sting Evertune because this is a fantasy world :P. Ionizer pickups for that AAL goodness.

5) Picks?
music man

silhouette style or JP body style

JP style bridge and or a stop tail like the Morse model, SSH pickup layout, a stain or clear glos on figured wood of my choosing

others? compensated nut, peizo pickups (like the JP), midi capable, stereo outs, stainless frets, pickups of my choosing, a redesigned super low profile neck heel

heres a big one - a chambered or semi hollow body similar to the carvin allan holdsworth model

goodies- strap locks, a case, a cable, picks of my choosing, pack of strings of my gauge selection
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Ibanez

S series [sort of]

Thin mahogany body like an S, but shaped like an RG with the top flat [even if it means curved back]. Also, the S ZPS bridge. HH pickups, five-way PU selector [like the S series control system] with two tone and two volume knobs. Also, the cable output should be on the side, not the front to avoid ugliness. Also, Tree of Life style inlays on an ebony fingerboard.
Also, colours. Either bright white, bright orange, royal blue, black or bright red. Also, black pickguard [but white when the body is black]. Black hardware would be great too.

Other goodies? Moulded case [no rectangular silliness], a box or bag for allen keys, vibrato bar etc, different style of knobs and PU selector.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Last edited by Woffelz at Aug 20, 2013,
1. Mayones
2. Regius 6/7
3. Mahogany body, maple neck and fretboard, no inlays, string through, unfinished neck, 24 frets, stainless steel frets, 27 inch scale for the 7, 25.5 for the 6, with a 27 available as well.
4. Evertune bridge. And the choice between Seymour Duncan Distortions, or Blackouts.
5. A pack of Ernie balls (10-46, with an extra 62 for the 7), and some Dunlop picks.
Gear

EVH Wolfgang Special
Schecter Omen 7
Sterling JP70
Fender Newporter Acoustic
Bugera 6262
Peavey XXX 4x12
Dunlop Cry-Baby Wah
Question 1: Which company calls you?

Yamaha.

Question 2: Which model?

SG2000. (Called SBG2000 in the US.)

Question 3: What features will you include to make the sig model a distinctive instrument?

Neon pink finish, with star inlays in fretboard.

Question 4: What other specifications will you insist on?

Specs after my currently owned SG2000, bought in 2011.

Question 5: What goodies will you want to include with the guitar when a customer buys it new?

A pink polyester strap. Also a pink Casio G-Shock watch, preferrably a DW6900.

Necessary Question 6: Will it ever be made?

Consideringing my career by 2020 is going to have turned the whole guitar world upside down and also succeeded to make pink guitars unprecededly fashionable - I say: Definitly.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
As long as they have a solid marketing team and I get a 25% cut I don't care what they make me.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Which company calls you?

Fender

Which model?

Telecaster

What features will you include to make the sig model a distinctive instrument?

22 fret chunky brazillian rosewood neck with soft V profile and 10" radius, contoured honduran mahogany body, sculpted heel for upper fret access, sonic blue body finish with thinline tele style pickguard (tortoiseshell), modern style truss rod for easy access.

What other specifications will you insist on?

Babicz FCH tele bridge, hot tele bridge pickup, TV jones filtertron in the neck position, 3 position toggle switch instead of blade switch, brass string-thru block instead of individual ferrules, staggered locking tuners, bone nut, schaller strap locks, medium profile frets, les paul style metal jack plate.

What goodies will you want to include with the guitar when a customer buys it new?

fitted hardshell case, thick/wide brown leather guitar strap, all the usual hang tags and stuff. I'd try to insist it gets shipped with elixir nanoweb 10-46 gauge strings.

it would look something like this, except i got the blue a bit wrong and made it look a bid gaudy:

I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
But yours would have penguin inlays.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
1. Gibson
2. Explorer
3. Honduran Mahogany body and neck, quilt maple top, satin neck finish, Macassar ebony fingerboard and moon inlays. EMG Het Set pickups. This is not dissimilar to the old Gibson Gothic Explorers of around a decade ago. It's probably my dream guitar, but I haven't bought one because they're quite rare on ebay.
4. Nice case. A few tools.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Aug 21, 2013,
I'd like an SG JR with an installed Washburn W423 pickup. Color doesn't matter, nor do materials. As long as it scorches, I'm ok.

Remove V1 & V6. Put the 12AX7 from V1 into V6 and leave V1 empty. Try the vibrato channel.