I watched Melancholia the other night and was reminded of how awesome Wagner's Tristan prelude is. I think it'll be fun to figure out the harmony and such. Would be super good for ear training. I've already gotten started but thought it'd be cool if others wanna take on the challenge:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAULLxcWSpM

to start us off:

A - F........... E..... big ass F-7#11

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Aug 19, 2013,
Are we allowed to use our instruments or are we supposed to work this out by ourselves?
of course you're allowed to use whatever you need to help you...other than the sheet music of course

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi

F........... E.....

In Am I'd call that a Fr6 to V7. The G# and A# melody notes being an appoggiatura and an accented chromatic passing note respectively.
Quote by griffRG7321
In Am I'd call that a Fr6 to V7. The G# and A# melody notes being an appoggiatura and an accented chromatic passing note respectively.

my bad the A - F - E isn't chord progression, it's the single notes at the start.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I've worked out the first 4 minutes or so. If anyone need a hand, lemme know!

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Sadly I'd be cheating if I tried to transcribe it now. I had to analyse the score last year for my theory exam.
Quote by GoldenGuitar
Sadly I'd be cheating if I tried to transcribe it now. I had to analyse the score last year for my theory exam.

It's one thing to put labels to the music. It's quite another to feel out the music unguided. Unless you know the score by heart, I bet it'll still be a worthy challenge.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana