www.soundcloud.com/shadowtagsc We just finished our first lp, but I don't feel our quality is good enough. Maybe I have dumb ears but I don't hear whats missing to give it a radio feel, I just know it's not there yet. Any help would be appreciated.
Last edited by sennagalous at Aug 20, 2013,
Most of those sound pretty great man! The only one I didnt really care for was the guitar tone and mix of "Ghosts". Did you perhaps rush the final mixing on that one? Don't be offended it just came across to me as a quick and dirty mixdown of some roughly tracked takes. For that one I would say spend some more time on it. The others have some mixing left to be done on them but probably minor stuff such as automation on the guitar or vocal tracks. Maybe some more eq in places. Some rough 2k noise in there still but overall definately worthy of playing on your local radio stations as is. They are tracked really tight which speaks about the musicianship going into it. Sounds like you guys have some real talent and you were able to catch that and the feel of the songs so great job but keep on striving for better! =)
Quote by surjer
Most of those sound pretty great man! The only one I didnt really care for was the guitar tone and mix of "Ghosts". Did you perhaps rush the final mixing on that one? Don't be offended it just came across to me as a quick and dirty mixdown of some roughly tracked takes. For that one I would say spend some more time on it. The others have some mixing left to be done on them but probably minor stuff such as automation on the guitar or vocal tracks. Maybe some more eq in places. Some rough 2k noise in there still but overall definately worthy of playing on your local radio stations as is. They are tracked really tight which speaks about the musicianship going into it. Sounds like you guys have some real talent and you were able to catch that and the feel of the songs so great job but keep on striving for better! =)

Thank man! "Ghosts" was rushed quite a bit. I was so excited about getting our songs done I didn't even pay that much attention to it, so we'll definitely go back to it. It's refreshing to get some real feedback, Is there anything you would like me take a listen too?