Hi guys,

I'm in possession of a Taylor Big Baby guitar, which is quite practical for travellers. I will be going to South Korea (backpacking) for 3 weeks very soon and am wondering if I should take my guitar with me or not ?

Considering its light weight, and the fact that I would be carrying it with me for approx. half of the time (when I will not be in a city, but in the country side for example), would it be worth it/safe to bring it me ?

As I am travelling alone, I would really enjoy some guitar moments with a breath-taking view in front of me

So, I don't know if any of you guys already experienced this, but I would really appreciate some advises !

Thanks
For backpacking, I would pick a smaller instrument (a mandolin or a ukulele).
Guitars: Carvin TL-60T, Carvin C750 Acoustic, Squier Strat w/Carvin C22B & AP11's, Alvarez-Yairi DY76 12-string, Eastman MD-605 Mandolin, Fender Mandocaster, Ibanez UKS-10 Ukulele
"It's like deja vu all over again"! (Attributed to Yogi Berra).

Quote by jfbrown42
For backpacking, I would pick a smaller instrument (a mandolin or a ukulele).
I never thought of a ukulele as a guitar surrogate. I will continue not to think of then in that way.

To tell the truth, I've never thought of a ukulele as a mandolin substitute either. Nor shall I begin to do so.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Aug 21, 2013,
Quote by florangmehlin
Hi guys,

I'm in possession of a Taylor Big Baby guitar, which is quite practical for travellers. I will be going to South Korea (backpacking) for 3 weeks very soon and am wondering if I should take my guitar with me or not ?

Considering its light weight, and the fact that I would be carrying it with me for approx. half of the time (when I will not be in a city, but in the country side for example), would it be worth it/safe to bring it me ?

As I am travelling alone, I would really enjoy some guitar moments with a breath-taking view in front of me

So, I don't know if any of you guys already experienced this, but I would really appreciate some advises !

Thanks

It depends on the rest of the stuff you will be taking with you.

I went up to Thailand some months ago and WISHED I had my guitar. I ran into many blues bars with guys jamming and had I taken my guitar I would have joined in with them and maybe established some connections..

Of course make sure to insure the guitar and take a hard case also

Something to think about.

Enjoy the trip