Looking to buy a new neck pickup for my les Paul and was wondering what some of your favourites are and why (eg a brief description of what they are like)? This thread is intended for humbucker pickups only
Doesn't much matter to me as long as I have it sunk as far as it can go into the body. Hello blues tones.
Lace alumatone is a really nice clean. All their pickups are really clear
Quote by BrokenDstring
Just smear poo all over everything he owns. Trade him for a fake les paul. Turtle his backpack. Bang his friends.

THIS IS WHAT THE PIT IS. RETARDED THREADS. ALL DAY, EVERY GOD DAMN DAY.
DiMarzio Air Classic.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Dimarzio Liquifire gets my vote.
I have it in 3 of my guitars. 1 in my LP Classic, 1 in my Ibanez RGA (mahogany), 1 in my Ibanez RGD (basswood) and the cleans are really nice on all of them, and in particular on my LP.
I could also recommend the Dimarzio Air Norton, which is real nice, as I have that in my mahogany RG - I prefer the Liquifire for cleans though (only just though as the AN is great too).
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
EMG 60, pristine cleans.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
i like the old gibson 'super-humbucker' pickups from the '70s, they have really nice articulation that i can't seem to get from any modern humbuckers. very deep and full sounding, too.

but honestly, asking people what they like and why isn't really a great way to go about choosing pickups. it's better to let people know what you don't like about your current tone and how you intend to change it so people can point you in direction of what might work for you
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
I liked the SD Jazz in my lp, the pearly gates sounded okay as well. Again, like most things, everything is subjective - and also varies with guitar types, wood types, style, preference, etc etc etc. I'd get your hands on as many as you can and play them to get a feel for what sounds best for you, though that can get pricey after a while.

Side note, I'd love to get my hands on those Zephyr pickups (SD pickups wound using silver) for a jam or two... if only the pricetag wasnt so high.
My cousin has a Set of Lollar Imprials in his LP. Sounds Gorgeous
In mine, I have SD Alnico 2s and they aren't bead but they don't standout to me as anything awesome.
A single coil forced into the humbucker slot.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
LiquiFire or air norton for just about anything, i like the 496r (not 490) or a '57.

I like them all, use them all, but it's all application based.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Dimarzio Humbucker from Hell
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
SD Jazz or DiMarzio Air Norton. The Air Norton is a bit more "clearer" and "defined" while the the Jazz seems a bit more "gritty" and slightly less defined. Still, they're both great.
Skip the username, call me Billy