Whats with this shit? They all suck lately and i get no info. from them short of release dates.
I get that its hard when musics not how it used to be but shit like the maynard article or the updates with lambesis are just crappy journalism. Is it lack of news or is it really just the staff?
It's your fault. Seriously. Also:

I get that its hard when musics not how it used to be

Ignoring your grammar, what does that even mean?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Sensationalist news titles
Constantly focusing on controversies and specific music stars
Daily articles on how Dave Mustaine feels about random shit, how Ozzy thinks Bill Ward is fat, and that Slash isn't getting back together with Guns 'n Roses

UG news has gone downhill, yes. It's almost TMZ these days
Quote by willT08
Protip: None of us read them

except Hydra

poor soul
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
How about trying to write some of your own and submit them? Quit being a pansy whiner and fix it.
Quote by JustRooster
How about trying to write some of your own and submit them? Quit being a pansy whiner and fix it.

beeee the change man

B)
Quote by captainsnazz
Changed my UG shortcut from the homepage to the pit a few months ago

Never looked back

I did the same a long time ago, great choice

I still see the news articles on my Facebook feed though
Quote by captainsnazz
Changed my UG shortcut from the homepage to the pit a few months ago

Never looked back

I did this a couple years back. It's not like I actually look up tabs or anything or use any other forum here anyway.
They're purposefully written to be sensationalist and spark outrage in the comments. Unfortunately a lot of people take the bait. It's best just to not read them.
Every Friday I love reading the comments in the articles where they reveal the results of the Wednesday Question. It's great reading them bitch about the writing staff for choosing the results, despite the fact that the staff just counted the votes and posted the results.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Every Friday I love reading the comments in the articles where they reveal the results of the Wednesday Question. It's great reading them bitch about the writing staff for choosing the results, despite the fact that the staff just counted the votes and posted the results.

The best part is that Hydra has to clean it all up.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
i don't come here for news because it's usually not news by the time anything gets covered here. i just scroll to the bottom for the potentially funny comments.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by angusfan16
Hey dont talk shit bout Maynard ill wreck you asscunt

Gaynard
How do you make a signature? Is this a signature? Sig?.... Nature?..... Sigmund Freud?...... Nature Valley?.... Sigmund Fraud?..... Frankie Valli?.... ah, $!*@ it...
yep
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by kcmoon5150
Gaynard

'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
The biggest problem I've seen is misinformation and misleading titles, but honestly, it really does feel like they're just trolling...but it's always been like that. The one about a new SOAD album is a good example, it's better to not even report shit if there's nothing to report...or at least make it obvious that they are all speculation.

Oh, and the One Direction, Justin Beiber and etc articles, that's the most generic attempt at trolling ever.
Quote by kcmoon5150
Gaynard

More like A Perfect Circlejerk amirite?

Yeah, the UG articles are worse than that joke.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
UG news is usually the place I hear about tour date announcements first, but other than that most of the articles blow ass.
In case you havent noticed UG articles have never been good
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by MrGreen5510
when musics not how it used to be

No...it's better!...Suck it up, cupcake!

Is it lack of news or is it really just the staff?

Neither. You just suck.
lol

UG articles is one of those rare occasions that you actually decrease in knowledge and brain power after reading.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi

UG articles is one of those rare occasions that you actually decrease in knowledge and brain power after reading.

this is why UG has such a generous pension scheme for former CCs
Quote by MrGreen5510
Whats with this shit? They all suck lately and i get no info. from them short of release dates.
I get that its hard when musics not how it used to be but shit like the maynard article or the updates with lambesis are just crappy journalism. Is it lack of news or is it really just the staff?

the maynard article or the updates with lambesis are just crappy journalism.

just crappy journalism

journalism

>Implying UG's writers are real journalists.
ug has articles?
next you're gonna tell me there's tabs here, too.
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
User CP has been my unofficial UG homepage for quite a while anyway, but I do check the front page to see if any articles interest me (today the A7X one did). If you want better articles, get in touch with the editorial staff and write some yourself - it's not us (mods) or CC's like Hydra who write them or vote them on etc. so moaning in here isn't going to achieve very much
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Yeah, in certain articles like half of the comments are criticising UG/the article's writer
and occasionally they have a point, but bitching there isn't the way to change it

and at least 8% of the comments are gawping at lemmyisgod97's avatar
Quote by Hydra150
and at least 8% of the comments are gawping at lemmyisgod97's avatar

Also, if you dislike the articles (which you should), you could always read, you know, a real, journalistic music website.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
If you want better articles, get in touch with the editorial staff and write some yourself - it's not us (mods) or CC's like Hydra who write them or vote them on etc. so moaning in here isn't going to achieve very much

See, I think this is the problem. There's not enough quality control. Probably because anyone can write an article, and the editorial staff don't seem to be very good at proof reading.

UG should either severely reduce (if not eliminate) it's news presence, or get some journalists.
RIP Gooze

cats
Since Hydra has become a cc I've gone back to my roots. I'm slowly scaling up the frequency of my comments to take the piss out of the people who post there just to make Hydra's job a little more (un)pleasant.