Hi all, I'm considering buying a second hand Dean VMNT which is going pretty cheaply due to its condition. As well as needing a new machine head, it has dings on the headstock and wings. Another thing is I'm not the biggest fan of the finish it comes in so I may repaint the top.
Does anyone know:
Where to get a single Grover Rotomatic
How to fill in these nasty dings
or
If it's OK to just cover up hardware, the neck and the pickups to refinish the top?
Cheers in advance.
Quote by treborillusion
Low end Epiphone = fire wood.

LTD Surveyor 4
Kramer Imperial
Engl Gigmaster E315
Marshall 1936 JCM900 lead cab
My website
Quote by Boonnoo666
Where to get a single Grover Rotomatic

try ebay... failing that, it's not too expensive to buy a set of 6 and replace them all, then selling the 5 you have spare on ebay for spares...

Quote by Boonnoo666
How to fill in these nasty dings

polyfiller?????????? i don't know, i haven't done this kind of thing.

Quote by Boonnoo666
If it's OK to just cover up hardware, the neck and the pickups to refinish the top?

eh?

if you're asking about refinishing the top, i'd take the neck off (if it's a bold on, if not you're gonna have some work to do) then remove the pickups and hardware. unless you're very competent on this kind of thing, i'd take it to a guy who knows that they're doing. i use these guys http://www.kgb-music.co.uk/ but they're literally down the road from me... there may be someone similar close to you, i see you're from london area. i PRESUME there's a load round there.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
If you're talking about leaving all the hardware and pickups on the guitar while you refinish it, I suppose you could but it'll look like an unprofessional hack job.

By the way, Reparation and Repairing are definitely not the same thing...
fficial&client=firefox-a">fficial&client=firefox-a">https://www.google.com/search?q=define%3A+reparation&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&client=firefox-a
Filling? Bondo.
Single tuner? eBay or buy a single gotoh from warmoth, they are the same spec.

Please, for the love of god. Remove everything before refinishing.
How are you going to properly level and polish the guitar let alone lay down the paint?
???