Hi!
I've just set up my ESP Horizon to my ideal settings, I've had the guitar for two weeks before.

However now, when I coil split the humbuckers, a ringing noise appears!
What's wrong?
I can't see how it's supposed to be like that?
The more gain the more noise also and I've tried it in different amps and it all sounds the same.
No noise in humbucker-mode either.
If I hold the guitar in the air with the strings facing the roof the noise gets louder, and with the strings faceing the floor it gets a bit more quite.

What do you think?
^ true, but depending on exactly what type of noise he's getting (and how much) it could be indicative of something wrong, too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Maybe, but I doubt it. You'd get the same hum if you were humbucking if there was something wrong with the pickup.

Plus I've seen so many of these threads that I know how they go. I could be wrong though!
Last edited by Mephaphil at Aug 20, 2013,
It DOES sound like typical 60-cycle hum that the humbucker was invented to...well..buck.

OP- don't worry, nothing is wrong with your pickups. That hum is probably the classic drawback to the sound of the singlecoil pickup.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Aug 20, 2013,
^^ that could be true
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I find I get single coil noise when coil splitting when facing my amp. Turn around, does the noise disappear/get real quiet? That's what happens for me and that's normal.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
It doesn't disappear but it gets quieter, also if I lower the tone or the volume it dissapears completely.
Quote by Mephaphil
Single coils is what it is.

Humbucker.

Hum
Bucker.

They buck hum.

Humbucker.

Dear god my sides...

But seriously, it's just cuz you're splitting your hum...buckers into single coils
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier HD Multi-Watt
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100MLB
1960 A&B cabs
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Schecter C1+ (modded)
LTD EC-1000vb
Blueridge 160 CE
BOSS | TU-3 | DD-7
Line 6 G-50 wireless
My ESP has an EMG 89 coil split pickup, and the single coil is just as quiet as humbucker mode. No noise at all.

What kind of pickups do you have OP?
Quote by Danitarium
My ESP has an EMG 89 coil split pickup, and the single coil is just as quiet as humbucker mode. No noise at all.

What kind of pickups do you have OP?

Yes I know it was quiet at start but not any more, the standard pickups on an ESP Horizon FR-II, SD Jazz and 59
Does the tone of the ringing change when you adjust your tone or volume pot?

Try opening the guitar up and checking the wiring. You may have a loose or broken wire somewhere. Be sure to also check the wire that connects to the claw in the trem cavity.