Hello, recently I've picked up my Epiphone guitar that was missing the G string, and had all the strings replaced. I had originally gotten it in 7th Grade, when a few close friends of mine started a band. I never got really "good" as the band fell apart quickly for a number of reasons.

Anyway, Now I've got a bit of free time, and my love for contemporary folk music has me wanting to play the guitar seriously, especially Finger-picking style

While I'm here I might as well ask for some advice.
Im finding Fretting a bit difficult, Ive tried a couple different positions/angles but
If I'm holding the E string, It's hard not to impact the A string and A gives off a fuzzy sound, is there anything in particular I'm doing wrong or are my fingers just to fat?
Last edited by Jadki92 at Aug 20, 2013,
Are you comfortable when playing? As long as your comfortable then just keep practicing, clarity will come in time.

Welcome to the site
Welcome back to guitar!
Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3
Quote by whoomit
Are you comfortable when playing? As long as your comfortable then just keep practicing, clarity will come in time.

Welcome to the site

They are absolutely right.

Two things happen with more and more practice: Muscle Memory and Bone Tone.

Your fingers may very well be in the right place, but the muscles are not used to the contortions - just yet :-)

Once you begin building the muscles back up again and you don't have to think about it, what I call "bone tone" starts building next. That is when your hands become the second instrument. You will know it when it happens.

FWIW: I always start with scales when I practice - spend about 20 - 30 minutes doing that to keep my fingers flexible and strengthen the muscle memory. I also, when not playing, will do finger extensions. with your palms facing up try to touch the middle and base of your palm with each of the four fingers - don't forget the thumbs - stretch across to the base of the pinky.

Hope that helps and keep on playing. Welcome back to the guitar!!