Poll: Rubbing your dick on new born puppies is...
Poll Options
View poll results: Rubbing your dick on new born puppies is...
A good idea.
9 11%
A bad idea.
32 40%
A good time.
40 49%
Voters: 81.
Page 1 of 4
I'm talking about Mercedes and BMWs, etc.

I was talking to this chick and she was saying typical chick things about guys with nice big cars and how nice it must be to own a nice car, especially for a guy, cuz that's "hot" (she probably couldn't name one decent car make, but whatever).

I turned around and told her that cars are a horrible investment. As soon as you drive out with your brand new car the value has depreciated by x% and how, if I had the money for a fancy car, I'd rather use that cash for a down payment on a house and drive some random used car to get me from point A to point B.

She looked at me disgusted as if I said I like to rub my hard sloppy dick on new born puppies.

What does the Pit say?
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
People are just jealous that they can't afford a fancy car.

But how many people who do own fancy cars have bought them from credit?
I hate cars. I refuse to get a driver's license. Public transportation is great here.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
If I could have a nice car I would

They're just better. Like not "Oh that car is pretty cool looking." They're just well made and are nicer to drive
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I'd buy a car that is of good quality if I could afford it, yes.

But in my own opinion, spending hundreds of thousands of dollars, or more, on a vehicle is bogus.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Philip_pepper
She looked at me disgusted as if I said I like to rub my hard sloppy dick on new born puppies.

I wouldn't be surprised if you did.

OT: I only have 2 criteria when it comes to cars:
1: does it work?
2: is it cheap?
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Uh, expensive cars are the only ones whose value doesn't really depreciate that much. Well, them and Subarus.

EDIT: you're also forgetting to take into account that what determines the value of a used car is how many other people are selling the same make/model. If there are lots of people selling BMW 750li, then its price might depreciate. That doesn't mean it's really worth less, unless you're trying to sell it. It's still a solid investment as a great car.

However, if, say, there aren't many people selling that car, then its value won't depreciate, but that doesn't really mean it's any more valuable.

You're looking at value as a unidimensional concept, and it's not.
Last edited by progdude93 at Aug 20, 2013,
I think that past a certain amount it's just too much money for a car, I wouldn't go much higher than what I paid/put into my current car.
Quote by Philip_pepper
I would too. You make me sick. You and your... cheap ways and your... reasonable spending.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Lol you think houses are a good investment?

Lol ur fukn dum TS.

I'm gonna buy a tiny house with a huge shop on the property like a sensible person and then throw all my money away on rediculous projects.
Quote by Neo Evil11
I hate cars. I refuse to get a driver's license. Public transportation is great here.

Yup, pretty much.
Quote by FearMyLightning

I'm gonna buy a tiny house

Well this is actually true.

You're supposed to buy the shitty house in a good neighborhood and make improvements. Not buy the nice one.

Back to cars though. Even if it does depreciate a lot you're still most likely getting a great car that will last for quite a while. If you're someone who would be looking to sell his 80 grand Merc after 3 years you probably don't have to worry about depreciation
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Aug 20, 2013,
If I could afford to buy (in full) a nice car I probably would. But I'm not a gear head, nor is a car really much more than getting from point a to point b. Resale value is never an issue with me. Though that;s true with all things.
Last edited by Wormholes at Aug 20, 2013,
I don't think she looked at you that way because of what you said, it was probably something else.....
Quote by kertets
Only losers post their opinions on the internet.
Even as a child, I have never understood the flashy car thing.

I have a personality, so I don't need to worry about that crap.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
if i could afford it id get a nice car

but thats couse bitches love nice cars haah

no though a nice car would last you a loong time i dont really worry about resale value but hwen you consider the time spend in a car if i could make that time more enjoyable im all for it

id never go out and spend millions on a car though
Quote by guitarist41
Even as a child, I have never understood the flashy car thing.

I have a personality, so I don't need to worry about that crap.

Guessing you know absolutely nothing about engineering?
___

Quote by The_Blode
Last edited by WCPhils at Aug 20, 2013,
Quote by WCPhils
Guessing you know absolutely nothing about engineering

I don't know much about Engineering, but I'm talking about other people who don't know much about Engineering but who'd still prefer a car of brand X over a car of brand Y, simply because of the prestige associated with brand X.

EDIT: Ya tit.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Duh. Anything that diminishes in value the second you drive off the lot isn't a good investment.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
People are just jealous that they can't afford a fancy car.

This.

A nice car is a symbol of status, not an investment.
Quote by metal4eva_22
This.

I know a guy who had an Audi or something but couldn't afford food or rent.

Class-A idiot.

And he's a prick.
Quote by neidnarb11890
I like nice cars. If you can afford to buy one, I don't see any reason not to. I wouldn't do it if it meant being short on money in other more important areas of my life, but if I could comfortably own one, I would. I like cars.
Quote by metal4eva_22
This.

Drive through any trailer park. Full of huge brand new $50k trucks and BMWs and shit
Quote by guitarist41
I don't know much about Engineering, but I'm talking about other people who don't know much about Engineering but who'd still prefer a car of brand X over a car of brand Y, simply because of the prestige associated with brand X.

EDIT: Ya tit.

Well I thought you meant flashy by how they look

But either way, Car Brand X probably has prestige because it is better. People who know nothing about cars like to act like cars are expensive because of their name and while that plays a small part, they're usually expensive because they're way better. Just like a better engineered guitar would be more expensive than something that gets made on an assembly line by the millions
___

Quote by The_Blode

Sorry, I cant hear you over the sound of awesome that is this car

I wish I could afford something like that
pinga
Quote by WCPhils
Well I thought you meant flashy by how they look

But either way, Car Brand X probably has prestige because it is better. People who know nothing about cars like to act like cars are expensive because of their name and while that plays a small part, they're usually expensive because they're way better. Just like a better engineered guitar would be more expensive than something that gets made on an assembly line by the millions

Either way, I can't drive, so it doesn't really make a difference to me.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Quote by guitarist41
Either way, I can't drive, so it doesn't really make a difference to me.

Fair enough
___

Quote by The_Blode
A house IS one of the safest investments you can make. Key is picking a quality house and better yet if you can do work on it yourself. Sure you pay taxes and interest but a portion of that pays down the equity. Very similar to putting money into a savings account instead of pissing rent money away for years with nothing to show..

Cars are in no way an "investment". There's no good way to do it. But I do believe there are benefits to buying a more expensive car. I wouldn't buy one brand new but a few years old with low miles. Cars like Mercedes, BMW, Acura rarely break down. They also hold their value better. So when it comes time to trade it in your not paying full price for a new car. It definitely counts for something to know your car is going to start every time you need it and can handle well especially if you live in a snowy climate. Also for people who spend a lot of time in their car its always nice to have some comfort and not have your back aching after a few hours. But like I say there's no right way to do it, a car is a money pit either way
Brand new cars are pointless, but a car that's a few years old but looks good and not outdated is best.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by babysmasher
A house IS one of the safest investments you can make. Key is picking a quality house and better yet if you can do work on it yourself. Sure you pay taxes and interest but a portion of that pays down the equity. Very similar to putting money into a savings account instead of pissing rent money away for years with nothing to show..

Cars are in no way an "investment". There's no good way to do it. But I do believe there are benefits to buying a more expensive car. I wouldn't buy one brand new but a few years old with low miles. Cars like Mercedes, BMW, Acura rarely break down. They also hold their value better. So when it comes time to trade it in your not paying full price for a new car. It definitely counts for something to know your car is going to start every time you need it and can handle well especially if you live in a snowy climate. Also for people who spend a lot of time in their car its always nice to have some comfort and not have your back aching after a few hours. But like I say there's no right way to do it, a car is a money pit either way

Lol you said acura and lost all credibility now if you would've said Toyota 4x4 then I'd know that you know something about cars.

Houses are horrible investments land however is a great investment because it will be there for 1000s of years vs. wearing down in 50.

Quote by OddOneOut
a car that's a few years old but looks good and not outdated is best.

GTFFO goddamn 90% of new cars are ugly as fuk and have no class they look like the fat blobs 60% of americans have become not chiseled and refined like older cars.
Last edited by FearMyLightning at Aug 20, 2013,
Quote by Neo Evil11

This.

Except public transport here is pretty terrible and I should really get a car.
I love cars and I love my car despite it's lack of monetary value. It's worth has dropped like a rock.

Rotary fo life yo
Cars are not investments. In my view, an investment is something where the point of it is to ultimately turn it over for profit at some point in the future, like a portfolio, or real estate in some cases. If you're looking to buy a car, and you're trying to view it as an investment, DO NOT BUY A CAR.
Last edited by Nickpocalypse at Aug 20, 2013,
Page 1 of 4