Hey guys, just a question, which do you find having more sustain, brass saddles or stainless steel saddles?
Generally, (and there are exceptions) the higher-mass a bridge is, the more it tends to transfer vibrations that can lead to added sustain. But the difference between brass and stainless saddles is neither here or there.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
I don't know about sustain but I avoid brass saddles because they seem to break strings extremely quickly- I think the softer metal develops burrs more easily.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
I don't know about sustain but I avoid brass saddles because they seem to break strings extremely quickly- I think the softer metal develops burrs more easily.

There are brass saddles out there that have been hard chromed that don't develop burrs at all. That said, I've had brass nuts on several guitars and have never seen them develop burrs...
Quote by dspellman
There are brass saddles out there that have been hard chromed that don't develop burrs at all. That said, I've had brass nuts on several guitars and have never seen them develop burrs...

Any examples? I want to replace the bridge on my EC-1000.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X