Page 1 of 2
Schoolies is a post high school tradition in Australia, where after it is finished, you travel to an exotic location and get ****ed up for a week.

Me and 8 of my mates are going to my Grandparents holiday house on the beach in a real nice part of the world. As it is my families house I have established some ground rules for a week of fun times:

1. Men do not Bitch. Penalty is a shot.

2. You break anything, I break you, plus you must cop a shot.

3. What's mine is yours and what's yours is mine. We are a family.Sharing is caring. If you don't want someone else to drink it, don't bring it. Exceptions can be applied for and will be granted on a case by case basis.

4. You pass out anywhere funny (not your bed/designated sleeping space), then you automatically consent to victimisation.

5. Cockblocking = 4 shots

6.My word is law, as this is my castle and I am king. Penalty is one shot

7. If it comes in a can, buy it in a can. If this rule is broken, each glass item must be consumed alongside one shot. Exceptions will be made for things that only come in glass ie: Cruisers, Rekorderlig etc but try to minimise this where possible. Glass is a bitch to get out of feet.

8. Spewing inside=Living outside. Plus a breakfast shot.

9. Disputes shall be settled by BEERPONG. One appeal match will be permitted, but after that, the decision is binding. If it is broken, the offender must cop a shot.

Last but not least, don't be a prick. No one likes that

So basically I was wondering if you guys had any other good suggestions as to ways to make the trip awesome, anything I haven't thought of etc.
Last edited by T7E at Aug 21, 2013,
Beer in a can, with small exceptions suck

Hf I suppose
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
I can't imagine how this won't end terribly.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
In my country after graduating its tradition to go out and find a job
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
So... beach week?

Also, who has the money to do this out of high school? And this is coming from someone who worked through high school
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13
So... beach week?

Also, who has the money to do this out of high school? And this is coming from someone who worked through high school

As it is my Granparents house, rent is $50 each for the week. It's not exactly a mansion, rather a late 70s/early 80s fibro beach hut type deal.

We will be living off of eggs, bacon, fish and chips, various pasta dishes baked pre-trip and transported in coolers, pancakes and tap water, so the food bill will not be crazy.

Everyone else will bring about $300 each for grog/unforseen expenses such as a shortage of grog, new table tennis balls. I dunno what your wages were like when you worked through high school or if you had some more serious circumstance that required your employment, but none of us do so $350ish is a very reasonable monetary total.

but seriously, any ideas/suggestions to make this time even more excellent?
That wording kinda came off as asinine, I apologize.

But yeah I worked to help out my family in high school/pay for my shit, so I didn't have much random money lying about. No offense at all to you or anyone that doesn't need to do that. It's kind of an embittered reaction because I was always surrounded by people who were more well off than myself and got to do things of this nature whenever they felt like it.

Really do apologize though, I didn't mean for it to come off like that and in no way do I mean offense to people who have/had those opportunities.

And not really, aside from drinking games should be incorporated into every aspect of everything.

Because your BAC isn't going to raise itself.
--

--
Quote by Cianyx
How many dudes and how much booze?

9 dudes.
****ing shitloads of booze. Like basically unlimited. If we have about $250 each for it then yeah, we'll buy a heap and then just top up as we go.

Quote by Spaztikko
come 2 brasil

I wish. A heap of kids from school are going to Bali and Vietnam though

Quote by stratman_13
That wording kinda came off as asinine, I apologize.

But yeah I worked to help out my family in high school/pay for my shit, so I didn't have much random money lying about. No offense at all to you or anyone that doesn't need to do that. It's kind of an embittered reaction because I was always surrounded by people who were more well off than myself and got to do things of this nature whenever they felt like it.

Really do apologize though, I didn't mean for it to come off like that and in no way do I mean offense to people who have/had those opportunities.

And not really, aside from drinking games should be incorporated into every aspect of everything.

Because your BAC isn't going to raise itself.

no offence, I tried to use my understanding internet tone in my above post, like I don't care everyone's situation is different etc etc and yeah that's all cool man.

But yeah, naturally drinking games of course.
We are doing one called "sit down" where you all sit down and smash through shitloads of grog and then everyone tries to stand up and the first guy to stagger to a predesignated spot wins hahaha
Oh that reminds me

If you go cheap then you'll regret it. Nothing feels worse than the day after loads of really cheap alcohol.

Medium-cheap is where it's at.
--

--
you guys sound silly and your rules are numerous and contradict each other. you and your 'mates' should come to America and fight me instead.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by stratman_13
Oh that reminds me

If you go cheap then you'll regret it. Nothing feels worse than the day after loads of really cheap alcohol.

Medium-cheap is where it's at.

Medium cheap is where we are at too.

Quote by jthm_guitarist
you guys sound silly and your rules are numerous and contradict each other. you and your 'mates' should come to America and fight me instead.

yes we are silly
cumerous and contradictory = more punishments = more fun?
but yeah ill take you man, you come here though
I like these rules. Just cause the punishment for everything is more alcohol.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by T7E
cumerous and contradictory = more punishments = more fun?

You should make sodomy one of the penalties. Make it the punishment for something like sitting with your legs crossed too much like a lady.

That would be fun.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
You should make sodomy one of the penalties. Make it the punishment for something like sitting with your legs crossed too much like a lady.

That would be fun.

It's already the unspoken rule, actually. It's just expected to occur
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cantus
Do this. there is no better way to get drunk than to sing songs while getting drunk.
You'd be the praeses ('president'), leading the others: choosing the songs, appointing the tasks, but most importantly: dealing out punishments. The punishments can be dealt out for just about anything (for belching, not sitting up straight or just for talking while you're talking, to just giving a punishment because the guy in front of you 's got an ugly face.), and ofc punishments require drinking.
A stack of rules need to be applied, but once you've got the hang of it, it gets more fun everytime.
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Well what do you know... another Australian thing that is stupid...
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Lord Waltaa
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cantus
Do this. there is no better way to get drunk than to sing songs while getting drunk.
You'd be the praeses ('president'), leading the others: choosing the songs, appointing the tasks, but most importantly: dealing out punishments. The punishments can be dealt out for just about anything (for belching, not sitting up straight or just for talking while you're talking, to just giving a punishment because the guy in front of you 's got an ugly face.), and ofc punishments require drinking.
A stack of rules need to be applied, but once you've got the hang of it, it gets more fun everytime.

This is amazing and you are amazing, thank you

Quote by theogonia777
Well what do you know... another Australian thing that is stupid...

How it is stupid? Irresponsible? Quite. Dangerous? Potentially. But stupid? I dunno man
I didn't go to schoolies. I walked home from school on the day of my last exam (because I missed the bus), then went to work and university, and I haven't stopped since.

It was mainly because my friends were dicks, I don't drink and South Australia has no good beaches or anything to shack up at for a week.
Last edited by tyler_j at Aug 21, 2013,
Quote by T7E
This is amazing and you are amazing, thank you

I know, right?

Also,
http://www.drinkiwiki.com/Tour_de_Franzia

This is a drinking game we play during the 'Tour de France'. It may be a little more expensive and requires different kinds of beverages, but by the end of the day, you'll feel more shitfaced than the guys who actually rode the Tour. Maybe you can apply this to a 'strayan sport? I've no idea what you guys do when you're not out to hunt crocodiles.

Cheers
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Oh you should play this game I forgot what it's called but it's like categories or something and you go around the circle with a rhythm. If you drop the rhythm or you can't think of something to say you drink. Use categories like "types of bacteria"
Quickest way to get ****ed up
cat
Quote by tyler_j
I didn't go to schoolies. I walked home from school on the day of my last exam (because I missed the bus), then went to work and university, and I haven't stopped since.

Yeah this is pretty much our last hoorah as a group before dispersion across the nation for various employment opportunities and study pursuits.

Quote by tyler_j
It was mainly because my friends were dicks, I don't drink and South Australia has no good beaches or anything to shack up at for a week.

Yeah, I have none of those three schoolies inhibitors. I just didn't invite the dicks.
Also, I'll be the first to admit this shit isn't for everyone. I honestly don't even know if it's for me haha but yeah some of my friends are staying at home, some are going on family holidays etc etc

EDIT:
Quote by guitarxo
Oh you should play this game I forgot what it's called but it's like categories or something and you go around the circle with a rhythm. If you drop the rhythm or you can't think of something to say you drink. Use categories like "types of bacteria"

None of us have studied biology and we wouldn't even be able to commence that game but yes, an alternative category could be selected, thank you

Quote by Lord Waltaa
I know, right?

http://www.drinkiwiki.com/Tour_de_Franzia

This is a drinking game we play during the 'Tour de France'. It may be a little more expensive and requires different kinds of beverages, but by the end of the day, you'll feel more shitfaced than the guys who actually rode the Tour. Maybe you can apply this to a 'strayan sport? I've no idea what you guys do when you're not out to hunt crocodiles.

Cheers

I just realised that website exists......
And gone is my homework time
Quote by Wiegenlied
In my country after graduating its tradition to go out and find a job

We're too forward-thinking.
Quote by T7E

None of us have studied biology and we wouldn't even be able to commence that game but yes, an alternative category could be selected, thank you

precisely

I always get screwed over with cars and toothpaste brands.
cat
A word of advice: going anywhere other than the house you are staying during schoolies is going to be shit.
It's like 90% bogans and creepy older dudes. There's the occasional drunk sluzza around, but by the end of our second night my mates and I all deemed that shit wasn't worth it and just had a ball hanging out away from the typical schoolies freak show.

pretentious small text, right justified signature
UG's professional coffee nerd
also UG's musical theatre nerd
roscoe's wetsuit
Last edited by ozzyismetal at Aug 21, 2013,
Quote by guitarxo
precisely

I always get screwed over with cars and toothpaste brands.

oh my god this could get insane.

My favorite ever is Arrogance though. You have a bucket and a deck of cards. The first person pours as much beer as they want into the bucket and picks either "red" or "black". If they correctly guess the color of the next card drawn, they pass the bucket to the left and the process repeats. If not, they have to scull the buckets contents. gets really interesting after 4-5 correct guesses in a row haha
nice sexist tradition there.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
The original and most popular schools is down the road from where i live. It is ****ing horrible. 40000-50000 stupid kids taking over Surfers Paradise for two weeks. I really feel like running them down in my car. At least the thread maker is going somewhere different just with his mates for a week, could be fun.
Quote by Dylan_86
The original and most popular schools is down the road from where i live. It is ****ing horrible. 40000-50000 stupid kids taking over Surfers Paradise for two weeks. I really feel like running them down in my car. At least the thread maker is going somewhere different just with his mates for a week, could be fun.

Yeah none of us were really keen on that. We are more hang around chilling and getting ****ed while watching the footy type people as opposed to clubby-nightlife people. You hear so much ****ed up shit, kids die every year I swear

Quote by ozzyismetal
A word of advice: going anywhere other than the house you are staying during schoolies is going to be shit.
It's like 90% bogans and creepy older dudes. There's the occasional drunk sluzza around, but by the end of our second night my mates and I all deemed that shit wasn't worth it and just had a ball hanging out away from the typical schoolies freak show.

Yeah where we are keeping most of our shenanigans to the household. There are another 2 houses full of kids from our school in the same town for a total of about 25 people so just maximum houseparty type deals. We took into account pretty much what you just said when we made the decision to go where we are going.
Quote by guitarxo

Like this, but with drinking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSfQn9BpsK0

TS, can I come? I'll brush up on my general knowledge.
Quote by T7E

We will be living off of eggs, bacon, fish and chips, various pasta dishes baked pre-trip and transported in coolers, pancakes and tap water, so the food bill will not be crazy.

BULLSH!T YOU AIN'T 'STRAYLIAN. F@CKIN' ESKIES YOU DURRY C@NT!

Don't forget to jump off the roof. Seemed like a good idea to us when I was on Schoolies.

But it f@cking hurt alright.
Quote by T7E
9 dudes.
****ing shitloads of booze. Like basically unlimited. If we have about $250 each for it then yeah, we'll buy a heap and then just top up as we go.

yeah that good. me and my mates (about the same amount) finished off close to 700 bucks worth of booze in the first night lol
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by Mr.-Bungle
BULLSH!T YOU AIN'T 'STRAYLIAN. F@CKIN' ESKIES YOU DURRY C@NT!

Don't forget to jump off the roof. Seemed like a good idea to us when I was on Schoolies.

But it f@cking hurt alright.

I KNOW MAN I'M SORRY I DIDN'T WANT TO TYPE A TRANSLATION MESSAGE AND I PRAYED THAT NO ONE WOULD NOTICE BUT FARK HERE I AM NOW EXPLAINING MYSELF SO I PROBABLY JUST SHOULD HAVE DONE IT.

yeah the old balcony-into-pavement-next-to-the-pool is a pretty common one... I'll have to give it a go at least

Quote by Cianyx
yeah that good. me and my mates (about the same amount) finished off close to 700 bucks worth of booze in the first night lol

Yeah man, $2300 of Carlton and United Breweries products, Smirnoff and CC should be plenty. Hopefully
schoolies is an industry you're buying into, ts
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
Quote by girlgerms007
schoolies is an industry you're buying into, ts

Not really.
We are not going to the real, "official" schoolies things like they have at Surfer's Paradise, Lorne or wherever else. We are just a bunch of people going to a house on a beach for a week during the time when most people are going to "real" schoolies, we are just calling it schoolies. We are not feeding that particular industry directly, unless that industry is in a direct partnership with the alcohol industry.....

which is plausible
Page 1 of 2