Hey,

I need your help with a project of mine.
I want to build a pedalboard. I looked online for any interesting ones and came across a picture which gave me an idea.

Basically, I want the pedalboard to have an under light that gets brighter the harder you play.

For the last few hours I've been on google but I still don't have an idea on how to do it.

It can't run on the signal from the guitar as it is very weak. The only thing that came to my mind was to connect to light bulb to a power source and use *Something* to adjust it according to the guitar signal.
Example: guitar signal is 20mV - send bulb 4.5V. guitar signal is 500mV - send bulb 9V.

Something of that nature... I still have no clue on how to do it.

If anyone has a idea I'd love to hear it!

Thanks!
you could build something like from this thread, but put it in the pedal board instead of the guitar. essentially have something on the pedal board that is a "control box" that you plug into, which splits the signal. half goes to your pedal board, the other half used as a control signal. easy enough to adjust for the right number of LEDs you want to light your board.

combine with something like this for a cool effect. cant find the page that had some nice instructions on how to do this (though it isnt tough).
Quote by neta.alon.16
Hey,

I need your help with a project of mine.
I want to build a pedalboard. I looked online for any interesting ones and came across a picture which gave me an idea.

Basically, I want the pedalboard to have an under light that gets brighter the harder you play.

For the last few hours I've been on google but I still don't have an idea on how to do it.

It can't run on the signal from the guitar as it is very weak. The only thing that came to my mind was to connect to light bulb to a power source and use *Something* to adjust it according to the guitar signal.
Example: guitar signal is 20mV - send bulb 4.5V. guitar signal is 500mV - send bulb 9V.

Something of that nature... I still have no clue on how to do it.

If anyone has a idea I'd love to hear it!

Thanks!

If you don't get sorted via the DIY route, then I bought some strum reactive LED boards off this guy...

http://www.guitarleds.com/

.... they fit behind my guitar's pickups & react to the guitar strumming.

I'm pretty sure, he should be able to sort you out with what you need (cos essentially you are asking for the same thing as what I nought, but just don't want to fit yours on the guitar itself)