Page 1 of 7
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/08/21/20118798-manning-gets-35-years-in-prison-for-massive-leak-of-us-secrets?lite

.........what I neglected to say in the Thread title was ONLY 35 years.

I can't believe that he has a very legit chance of being a free man again at some point in his natural life.

Yeah. I'm mad, bro.

EDIT: "The sentence was imposed by Army Col. Denise Lind in a courtroom here. Manning will be eligible for parole and could be out in a little more than a decade."

Last edited by bdof at Aug 21, 2013,
Why are you mad?

Many murderers get less.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Good. Little prick.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
And how many years did the soldiers who fired those rockets get?

This is fucking bullshit.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Personally, I was half expecting him to do the air dance within a few years. Put him at the front of the line.
Quote by bdof
Personally, I was half expecting him to do the air dance within a few years. Put him at the front of the line.

You better be joking.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
This is a victory for tyranny and censorship.

We should all be very angry.

America, the free-est country in the world? Next joke please.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Some people legitimately don't get it. Transparency in the government is essential and they are literally and figuratively getting away with murder. We're past the point of no return and people are still dumb enough to act like the government hasn't been doing shit wrong.

Quote by CoreysMonster
So this guy did what, exactly? He gave "secrets" to Wikileaks?

He (rather haphazardly) leaked out military videos and "secrets." The main one was a video of an attack on innocent civilians.

Snowden handled the issue of whistleblowing with far more tact.
Last edited by blake1221 at Aug 21, 2013,
Quote by blake1221
Some people legitimately don't get it. Transparency in the government is essential and they are literally and figuratively getting away with murder. We're past the point of no return and people are still dumb enough to act like the government hasn't been doing shit wrong.

But blake, where are your facts? Hmmmmm?

Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Should have been put before the firing squad.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
I still don't even know what he did. I thought he was a quaterback.
Quote by Trowzaa
I still don't even know what he did. I thought he was a quaterback.

Eli or Peyton Manning.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by blake1221
He (rather haphazardly) leaked out military videos and "secrets." The main one was a video of an attack on innocent civilians.

Snowden handled the issue of whistleblowing with far more tact.

So he leaked proof of the military doing illegal things to innocent people, and he's now getting punished for this?

I kinda fail to see what he did wrong, here.
Quote by eGraham
But blake, where are your facts? Hmmmmm?

I don't think you're serious, but if you are, the "figuratively" getting away with murder is any one of the numerous intrusions on our rights that has been taking place over the last few years and the literally can be found in the Manning video.

Quote by CoreysMonster
So he leaked proof of the military doing illegal things to innocent people, and he's now getting punished for this?

Precisely.

It's like the government getting mad at Snowden for "espionage" when he really revealed that the NSA and PRISM have been extensively spying on our own country.
Last edited by blake1221 at Aug 21, 2013,
Quote by Trowzaa
Probably Eli. Which one plays for Giants?

Eli Manning does. Peyton played for the Colts but moved to the Broncos.

And blake, ofc I wasn't serious lol. I was hoping the O'Reilly meme would be enough.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

It's a travesty. Whistleblowers were championed in Obamas election campaign, now look. What a **** he turned out to be. Police state much?

Is there any hope of early release with good behaviour?
Quote by CoreysMonster

Had he confined himself to just that I wouldn't have an issue with him.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58

What did he really reveal that actually put the nation at risk? In a war we really have no business being in?
Quote by Jackal58

This is a completely honest question, because I have no freakin clue about this, but why DO you have an issue with him?
Quote by blake1221
What did he really reveal that actually put the nation at risk? In a war we really have no business being in?

I'm not in a position to know that. Neither was Manning.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by CoreysMonster
This is a completely honest question, because I have no freakin clue about this, but why DO you have an issue with him?

Betrayal of trust.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
Betrayal of trust.

Betrayal of trust from whom, the government, or the American people?
Quote by Jackal58
Betrayal of trust.

He betrayed people that should never have betrayed our trust and have been doing it completely wantonly. You don't think it goes both ways?
He betrayed those who covered up the murder of innocent ****ing people.

Honestly. This really does seem so black and white to the whole world. I'll never understand this weird obsession with patriotism and the misunderstanding of what it means to be a citizen.
Quote by Jackal58
I'm not in a position to know that. Neither was Manning.

Exactly.

People who think it's narrowed down to just showing one horrendous video is rather disillusioned.

The fact is, is that it was sensitive enough to cause "exceptionally grave damage" to current or future Ops, and that puts American and Coalition Forces (that means you too, Brits) soldiers in some potentially very disadvantageous positions

But like Jackal said, we'll probably never know, or we'll have to wait a few decades for them to eventually de-classify it.
Last edited by bdof at Aug 21, 2013,
Quote by CoreysMonster
Betrayal of trust from whom, the government, or the American people?

His fellow soldiers. The revelations of misconduct being covered up by the military I have no problems with. It's the other 100,000 documents he revealed that pisses me off. Leads me to believe he did it just because he could not because he wanted to draw attention to any one item in particular.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
His fellow soldiers. The revelations of misconduct being covered up by the military I have no problems with. It's the other 100,000 documents he revealed that pisses me off. Leads me to believe he did it just because he could not because he wanted to draw attention to any one item in particular.

This is the general consensus around the office today. Military, prior military, and civilian/contractor alike.
Quote by CoreysMonster

I think the problem is that he indiscriminately leaked info that put others lives in danger and may have even resulted in deaths due to revealed plans.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by bdof
Exactly.

People who think it's narrowed down to just showing one horrendous video is rather disillusioned.

The fact is, is that it was sensitive enough to cause "exceptionally grave damage" to current or future Ops, and that puts American and Coalition Forces (that means you too, Brits) soldiers in some potentially very disadvantageous positions

But like Jackal said, we'll probably never know, or we'll have to wait a few decades for them to eventually de-classify it.

Speculative. They were prosecuting him, they would use that kind of thing against him, it's a common strategy. If they had information they should reveal it, implying something and not revealing it in court shouldn't and wouldn't be used as evidence, but mud sticks, regardless if it's obviously bullshit. No evidence of any actual harm has been brought up, as far as I'm aware.

You still trust them? Really? After Snowden too? What will it take? How many times must they invade the precious freedoms you're claiming to be defending before you realise that you haven't got any any more?
Last edited by Mephaphil at Aug 21, 2013,
Was he the guy who released the video of the chopper gunning down those guys in the street?
Good. He deserves it.

Quote by Mephaphil
He betrayed those who covered up the murder of innocent ****ing people.

And released about 100,000 other documents that had nothing to do with that.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Aug 21, 2013,
Quote by macashmack
Was he the guy who released the video of the chopper gunning down those guys in the street?

That's the one.
Quote by Mephaphil
That's the one.

I thought it has been shown that they were not, in fact, innocent civilians but were rather armed and dangerous at the time?
I could be wrong but I remember reading this somewhere.
These leakers are so dumb, they never realize the full scope of what they're doing to expose things, and they're adding fuel to a very dangerous trend.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard