Page 1 of 5
This article is a dad's message to his daughter to go have awesome sex because, really, wanting and giving the good stuff doesn't make a person bad.

Pay special attention to the comments on the article.

IMO, the dad is correct to tell his daughter it's okay to have sex. It's good, it's fun. Sure she'll probably sleep with a few douchebags who will break her heart but that comes with life. Educating someone about sex and not making such a huge deal about it doesn't make sex into this encounter that kids jump into without thinking (at least less than if they were forbidden from having sex.)

Also, for the comments saying this dad completely ignores the matter of STDs: I'm pretty sure this wasn't the only time they talked about it...

How did your folks tell you about sex? If you have kids, how do you introduce them to the subject?
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Last edited by kikaykitko at Aug 21, 2013,
Call me old fashioned but I dislike promiscuity and believe that sex is something that should be shared with somebody you care about.
Quote by whoomit
Call me old fashioned but I dislike promiscuity and believe that sex is something that should be shared with somebody you care about.

Same here and I think that's something that wasn't present in the message. But for me caring about someone doesn't always have a label like being in a relationship or being married.
Quote by Jackal58
Talking about "sex with kids" will get you locked up...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Hopefully she doesn't turn into a slut from that.

My parents never talked to me about sex, I didn't know what it was until I was like 13.
sunbather is shit
I never talked with my parents about it. I found out. I don't really think it's necessary, but the father here isn't wrong. Sex is a fun and pleasurable experience. To me, it's nothing else. Sure, it's nice if you care about the person, but it's also nice if you don't.
He's a good dad.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by beefcake122

My parents never talked to me about sex, I didn't know what it was until I was like 13.

IDK why she would. If a guy who'd say this raised her, she probably wouldn't have the values to be a slut (or lack thereof).

Was that a good thing that you didn't know?
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by kikaykitko
IDK why she would. If a guy who'd say this raised her, she probably wouldn't have the values to be a slut (or lack thereof).

Was that a good thing that you didn't know?

idk it just seems like he's devaluing sex and saying it's okay to go around and **** anyone and everyone.
sunbather is shit
I have a daughter.

I have no problems with what the dad in that article said.

Quote by beefcake122
idk it just seems like he's devaluing sex and saying it's okay to go around and **** anyone and everyone.

If that's what you took from it, you have some severe reading comprehension problems.
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Aug 21, 2013,
That's probably how I'd talk to my kids about it, if I had kids. I wish my parents had talked to me about it that way, or even at all.
Quote by beefcake122

ugggg
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by beefcake122

I don't think that was in his message. Honestly, undervaluing sex is a little better than overvaluing it and treating it like it is the biggest deal in the world. Kids should know that it's a fun thing to do between two consenting people. It's not some prized possession boys need to conquer or girls should use as currency.
Quote by Jackal58
It's nice to see a father who won't go out of his way to slut-shame his own daughter. Can't say the same for everybody in this thread though.
Quote by whoomit

Same here, I get what he's saying but it almost gets to the point where it just sounds like he's saying she should go f*ck as many guys as she likes, especially when he says "you'll probably sleep with some douchebags"

So yeah, good sentiment but it sounds like he's saying she can be as slutty as she likes :/

EDIT: Apparently I'm not the only one, and there are others having a go at people who took it like this so I just want to clarify...

I think it SOUNDS like that's what he's saying, and that to an extent yes she can sleep around a bit, but I do get what his actual message is. I think everyone else who took it that way feels the same so calm down guys
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
Last edited by archerygenious at Aug 21, 2013,
Seems like a good dad. It was seriously a good message.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by archerygenious
Same here, I get what he's saying but it almost gets to the point where it just sounds like he's saying she should go f*ck as many guys as she likes, especially when he says "you'll probably sleep with some douchebags"

So yeah, good sentiment but it sounds like he's saying she can be as slutty as she likes :/

No. That's not what he's saying at all. Learn to read and stop being so dumb.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by archerygenious

I don't get where you guys got this message. Maybe I'M reading it wrong.

I think he was just saying to be prepared bc, really, how many douchebags have you slept with without knowing they were douchebags originally?
Quote by Jackal58
I think I would give a fairly simple mechanical explanation with reference to the relevant biology and be done with it.

Then again, I'm not planning on parenthood.
Quote by TooktheAtrain
I think I would give a fairly simple mechanical explanation with reference to the relevant biology and be done with it.

Then again, I'm not planning on parenthood.

Good thing then because kids are all about the love and acceptance bs of sex.
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by beefcake122

Even if he was saying this, where's the problem?

It is okay to go around ****ing everyone. (assuming they're capable of consent and give it freely) Sex has no inherent worth either, so yeah. Care to elaborate?
Quote by lolmnt

Please see edit
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

Quote by lolmnt

Well, I somewhat disagree, I think he is saying that. Go and have sex with whomever YOU choose to.

If that's 3 partners, 30 partners or 300 partners, that's her choice. HER choice, no one else's.

Or if it's none, that's her choice as well.

The problem arises in that some in the thread think that parental acknowledgement of the very real fact that the choice belongs to their daughter or son and not to the parents somehow magically 'causes' unfettered promiscuity.

The stupidity required to hold that belief is simply incredible.
Charles Darwin
Quote by kikaykitko
I don't get where you guys got this message. Maybe I'M reading it wrong.

I think he was just saying to be prepared bc, really, how many douchebags have you slept with without knowing they were douchebags originally?

You're not. The dad is saying he wants his daughter to have a healthy, satisfying sex life. He's also saying that he wants his daughter to be her own person, and part of being a person is making mistakes. And everybody has had sex with somebody and thought "Ehhh I wish I hadn't done that."
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by Arby911
Well, I somewhat disagree, I think he is saying that. Go and have sex with whomever YOU choose to.

If that's 3 partners, 30 partners or 300 partners, that's her choice. HER choice, no one else's.

Or if it's none, that's her choice as well.

The problem arises in that some in the thread think that parental acknowledgement of the very real fact that the choice belongs to their daughter or son and not to the parents somehow magically 'causes' unfettered promiscuity.

The stupidity required to hold that belief is simply incredible.
Well yeah. But he's not encouraging her one way or the other.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by archerygenious
Same here, I get what he's saying but it almost gets to the point where it just sounds like he's saying she should go f*ck as many guys as she likes,

Why shouldn't she? Who are you to determine what's correct and incorrect sexual behavior for her?

especially when he says "you'll probably sleep with some douchebags"

So it's "slutty" for a woman to have sex when she wants?

EDIT: Apparently I'm not the only one, and there are others having a go at people who took it like this so I just want to clarify...

I think it SOUNDS like that's what he's saying, and that to an extent yes she can sleep around a bit

I'm so glad you've given her permission!

but I do get what his actual message is. I think everyone else who took it that way feels the same so calm down guys

Sorry, I just get really fired up when I see that kind of blatant misogyny.
Quote by lolmnt
You're not. The dad is saying he wants his daughter to have a healthy, satisfying sex life. He's also saying that he wants his daughter to be her own person, and part of being a person is making mistakes. And everybody has had sex with somebody and thought "Ehhh I wish I hadn't done that."

Dude, we all get that but there's just some bits in there that give the message that plenty of people have now got, such as "Yes, all these boys and girls and genderqueers may break your heart, and that in turn will break mine", and "darling, go out and play". But otherwise we get what he actually means, we aren't thick so stop treating us as such and calm the f*ck down

Quote by kikaykitko

How did your folks tell you about sex?

They didn't
I learned it the hard way.
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Quote by Arby911

It's also the assumption that all kids are going to have sex with anything that moves (granted most of them do) so parents are needed to reign in the sexual urges.

Parents having a say in the kids sex life other than educating them sounds sick to me. One time my mom told me my bf can't cum in me, I was scarred for life.
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by Lord Waltaa
They didn't
I learned it the hard way.

Same here - and to be honest, I personally don't know of anybody who's ever had their parents giving them "the talk." I mean, what's there to talk about?
Quote by kikaykitko
It's also the assumption that all kids are going to have sex with anything that moves (granted most of them do) so parents are needed to reign in the sexual urges.

Parents having a say in the kids sex life other than educating them sounds sick to me. One time my mom told me my bf can't cum in me, I was scarred for life.

I know this is completely off-topic, but your avatar makes me really want some of those sweets. Damn you.
Quote by kikaykitko
One time my mom told me my bf can't cum in me, I was scarred for life.

Oh my God I just read this. I feel so sorry for you
Quote by archerygenious
Dude, we all get that but there's just some bits in there that give the message that plenty of people have now got, such as "Yes, all these boys and girls and genderqueers may break your heart, and that in turn will break mine", and "darling, go out and play". But otherwise we get what he actually means, we aren't thick so stop treating us as such and calm the f*ck down
Who isn't calm here?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by imsoangry
Same here - and to be honest, I personally don't know of anybody who's ever had their parents giving them "the talk." I mean, what's there to talk about?

Plenty.

*Don't be stupid, use a condom.
*Hooking up doesn't mean they love you.
*Hooking up doesn't mean they even like you.
*Being horny and giving in to it doesn't make you dirty or bad.
*NO MEANS NO.

Plenty. Not that it means you'll avoid bad situations but it's nice to be a little informed and a little prepared with the basics. Especially with stuff your peers wouldn't tell you about.
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by imsoangry
Why shouldn't she? Who are you to determine what's correct and incorrect sexual behavior for her?

So it's "slutty" for a woman to have sex when she wants?

I'm so glad you've given her permission!

I'm sorry for feeling that sex should be shared between people with a close bond, you may not feel the same, but please respect that not everyone shares your view. So yes I ****ing do consider it slutty for girls to go round ****ing loads of guys whenever they want, and I feel the same way about guys for the reasons previously stated. So don't you f*cking dare try calling me a misogynist.

I think you misread that last part about giving her permission, I was doing no such thing I was saying I thought that's what her dad was saying

In summary - I do not feel it "correct" behavior to sleep around with loads of different people REGARDLESS of gender, I thought it sounded like the dad was saying she can be a slut but I understand this is not what he meant, I am not a f*cktard. Now stop being so angry.

Hope that clears that up

Quote by lolmnt
Who isn't calm here?

Well it comes across that you aren't when you go round calling everyone dumb and having a go at people for reading an article and interpreting it differently to how you did, but kudos, I am getting a bit riled up here when I really shouldn't be, sorry

May have wanted to think about the title of this thread
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Quote by archerygenious
I'm sorry for feeling that sex should be shared between people with a close bond, you may not feel the same, but please respect that not everyone shares your view. So yes I ****ing do consider it slutty for girls to go round ****ing loads of guys whenever they want, and I feel the same way about guys for the reasons previously stated. So don't you f*cking dare try calling me a misogynist.

I think you misread that last part about giving her permission, I was doing no such thing I was saying I thought that's what her dad was saying

In summary - I do not feel it "correct" behavior to sleep around with loads of different people REGARDLESS of gender, I thought it sounded like the dad was saying she can be a slut but I understand this is not what he meant, I am not a f*cktard. Now stop being so angry.

Hope that clears that up

No, you have an absolute right to hold those positions.

You have exactly NO right to expect others to hold them.

I'll take it on faith that you're not a "f*cktard" since it seems important to you, and indeed you may not be.

But you are currently playing one on the internet...
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
No, you have an absolute right to hold those positions.

You have exactly NO right to expect others to hold them.

I'll take it on faith that you're not a "f*cktard" since it seems important to you, and indeed you may not be.

But you are currently playing one on the internet...

I did not expect others to hold them, in fact I was going to edit my post saying the following but my internet's being slow -_-

If you don't feel the same way, I respect that, it's your life and is none of my business, all I ask is that you respect how I feel about it and don't have a massive go at me for it

EDIT: This whole thing has gotten to me way too much, sorry if I have come across as a "f*cktard" to anyone

Last edited by archerygenious at Aug 21, 2013,
Page 1 of 5