It needs a bit of work done to it, but i'm having trouble finding info on it. I believe its a Japanese made Teisco or something similar, but there's no real way to tell for sure.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/8c2096eda9b1f7249bdf2b5a01daca1f/tumblr_mrwacjkNNL1rnpve4o1_1280.jpg

I like this a lot and i got it for cheap, so i'd like to fix it up. It buzzes a bit on the frets and the bridge is a bit old, so any tips on that would be cool too. I'll post a couple sample of how it sound if anyone's interested as well.
Quote by recklessnick
but my fav tech deathcore band is actually emmure. i'd never be able to play **** like that in a million years seriously.
It's definitely of the Teisco family, judging from the pickups and tension bar at the headstock. I would guess it's a Silvertone or Del Ray from the late 60's. That's one of the few bolt-on models without a zero-fret I've seen, very interesting. That was probably an upper mid-tier guitar from their lineup, since it has an intonatable bridge and a non-standard trem.

I've been looking and I cannot find something like this one. The headstock is what has me, it's obviously a CBS clone and I cannot find a Teisco-derivative with one like that. Assuming it had a logo on the headstock and it was in good working order with good frets, this guitar would've been worth around $400 a few years ago when Jack White drove the price on this stuff up considerably. In today's market I would put a fair value of around $200-250 for it, since it doesn't have a logo. If I were looking to sell it, I would take a $200 offer and feel good. These are such a niche corner of the guitar world they're somewhat hard to find a buyer for.

The closest thing I've found is this one, and I'm not sure what model it is. The thing about Teisco is they had a MILLION changes on the same model, they pretty much just stuck shit together and put strings on it. It makes for some really cool and unique guitars, but hard as hell to determine what it was 50 years later.

Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Aug 21, 2013,
Quote by Flux'D
It's definitely of the Teisco family, judging from the pickups and tension bar at the headstock. I would guess it's a Silvertone or Del Ray from the late 60's. That's one of the few bolt-on models without a zero-fret I've seen, very interesting. That was probably an upper mid-tier guitar from their lineup, since it has an intonatable bridge and a non-standard trem.

I've been looking and I cannot find something like this one. The headstock is what has me, it's obviously a CBS clone and I cannot find a Teisco-derivative with one like that. Assuming it had a logo on the headstock and it was in good working order with good frets, this guitar would've been worth around $400 a few years ago when Jack White drove the price on this stuff up considerably. In today's market I would put a fair value of around $200-250 for it, since it doesn't have a logo. If I were looking to sell it, I would take a $200 offer and feel good. These are such a niche corner of the guitar world they're somewhat hard to find a buyer for.

The closest thing I've found is this one, and I'm not sure what model it is. The thing about Teisco is they had a MILLION changes on the same model, they pretty much just stuck shit together and put strings on it. It makes for some really cool and unique guitars, but hard as hell to determine what it was 50 years later.

yes, this looks very similar just with a different pickup setup. i have a hole for a whammy it looks like, as well. what model is pictured? also lots of good info!
Quote by recklessnick
but my fav tech deathcore band is actually emmure. i'd never be able to play **** like that in a million years seriously.
Not sure on the model, you could Google Image Search the pic and find the site it came from. It looks like they modified the pickguard on your guitar after the fact, as if it was originally intended for slider switches like the one I posted. Have you taken off the raised metal part in the pickguard of yours yet? I'm curious to see what's going on there

The trem is interesting, it looks similar to Fender's Dynamic Vibrato they used on the Mustangs. Like a cross between a Bigsby and DV
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by Flux'D
Not sure on the model, you could Google Image Search the pic and find the site it came from. It looks like they modified the pickguard on your guitar after the fact, as if it was originally intended for slider switches like the one I posted. Have you taken off the raised metal part in the pickguard of yours yet? I'm curious to see what's going on there

The trem is interesting, it looks similar to Fender's Dynamic Vibrato they used on the Mustangs. Like a cross between a Bigsby and DV

I just took off the guard and there's nothing underneath there. I have no idea which model this is at all.
Quote by recklessnick
http://www.vintagecustomguitars.com/Vintage-1960s-RARE-Kingston-Teisco-HOUND-DOG-TAYLOR-electric-4-pickup-Guitar-for-sale_274.html

this is like my guitar to the t, minus the pick guard and placement of pickup controls. its a good start. hell, its possible this is like a prototype of that model!
Quote by recklessnick