Hi all

I currently use a cornford roadhouse 50w combo and have used various amps in the past from old marshalls to line 6 stuff.
I am playing at a festival and have been told to use the amps thats are provided which are two Fender Hot Rod deluxes.

What I want to know is how much gain does the second channel have? We play a mixture of covers ranging from the kinks to feeder and I use a clapton strat.

Any replies gratefully received!
good for cleans, od channels are kinda crappy (IMO)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Good thing you don't play heavy rock or metal

Best bet is to try to go play one somewhere so you can determine what kind of pedal you may or may not need to help. Doesn't sound like you will need much in the clean dept.
^ yeah good point, they're pretty ubiquitous in guitar shops, shouldn't be too hard to find one to try.

also try it with a variety of dirt pedals too, if you can. it's not so much that the gain channels don't have enough distortion, more what distortion they have sucks. most people use pedals with them.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks for the replies.
I am not likely to get the opportunity to try any out at shops, as work, family, life etc will not allow!!
Have a blackstar ht dual so could use that in front of the amp and therefore use it as a 3 channel amp. Also have a bad monkey which could work.
We have 15 minutes to set up before we are due to play so clearly time will be of the essence!
Has anyone used the blackstar into the front of the fender hot rod?
I doubt anyone has done that. I'd just take the Bad Monkey and use the gain level to get where you need to be. But hell, the Bad Monkey has a second output so you could always take the Blackstar along and possibly integrate it somehow either by pulling mike off the HRD (assuming they are using a PA system) or use it as a monitor.
Quote by spats71
Hi all

I currently use a cornford roadhouse 50w combo and have used various amps in the past from old marshalls to line 6 stuff.
I am playing at a festival and have been told to use the amps thats are provided which are two Fender Hot Rod deluxes.

What I want to know is how much gain does the second channel have? We play a mixture of covers ranging from the kinks to feeder and I use a clapton strat.

Any replies gratefully received!

i don't think the hot rods are horrible, the reverb is usually pretty good and the cleans are quite acceptable. there are at least 3 generations of them out there, most versions have anemic or buzzy OD channels. the newest gen is supposed to help clear that problem up but i haven't played one yet to find out.

i wouldn't rely on the stock OD channel, i'd use a pedal or something else instead. that bad monkey will probably work fine for your needs and sound better than the stock distortion.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Have you considered the Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue?
It has amazing cleans and the distortion channel can hit tones very close to EC's tone on Derek and the Dominos' Layla (album).
ah right no worries

i'd bring both pedals. a bad monkey is fine as a boost or lowish gain overdrive, but if you need any more dirt than that and find yourself having to use the fender's clean channel, you'd probably appreciate having a distortion pedal with you as well.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?