Great first riff, and the clean section at 0:26 was unexpected but fit well. The transition to the next faster riff felt a bit sudden, and it would benefit from some sort of build up on the drums there. Revisiting the original riff at 1:12 was in a good spot. Again, the transition to the faster riff at 1:36 could use a build up. Liked the part from 2:15 to 2:59, with the percussive riff and the little lead fills. Solo was just absolutely sick. Made me think of Jeff Loomis for some reason, idk why. I liked the way you ended the song, but what I would have done is sped up the snare hits on the drums while keeping the riff the same, so it sounds as if it's speeding to the finish.

All in all, killer job man! Following you on SoundCloud now

Would appreciate a C4C on the song in my signature and a like on FB if you enjoy it cheers man
Tight as hell playing, the clean section is really awesome although for my own personal tastes I wish it come in a few bars later, small criticism though. The transition out of the clean section and back into the heaviness was really well done. As I listen to the song more, I'm starting to actually really enjoy the fact that each individual riff doesn't last for long and keeps transitioning into something else but revisits previous riffs while introducing something new every few bars, the overall sound really reminds me of early thrash bands but the production kinda gives it a bit more oomph. Overall, a really nicely constructed metal song. I think I'll add this to my SC likes.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=31824753#post31824753
Quote by ibanez1997
Great first riff, and the clean section at 0:26 was unexpected but fit well. The transition to the next faster riff felt a bit sudden, and it would benefit from some sort of build up on the drums there. Revisiting the original riff at 1:12 was in a good spot. Again, the transition to the faster riff at 1:36 could use a build up. Liked the part from 2:15 to 2:59, with the percussive riff and the little lead fills. Solo was just absolutely sick. Made me think of Jeff Loomis for some reason, idk why. I liked the way you ended the song, but what I would have done is sped up the snare hits on the drums while keeping the riff the same, so it sounds as if it's speeding to the finish.

All in all, killer job man! Following you on SoundCloud now

Would appreciate a C4C on the song in my signature and a like on FB if you enjoy it cheers man

I appreciate the feedback, man. I replied to your post and liked your Facebook page.

As far as the transition in the verses goes, I've received some mixed feedback. Some love it, some not so much.
Quote by IronMark666
Tight as hell playing, the clean section is really awesome although for my own personal tastes I wish it come in a few bars later, small criticism though. The transition out of the clean section and back into the heaviness was really well done. As I listen to the song more, I'm starting to actually really enjoy the fact that each individual riff doesn't last for long and keeps transitioning into something else but revisits previous riffs while introducing something new every few bars, the overall sound really reminds me of early thrash bands but the production kinda gives it a bit more oomph. Overall, a really nicely constructed metal song. I think I'll add this to my SC likes.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=31824753#post31824753

Thanks a lot man! I appreciate the feedback.
guitar tone is kinda too scooped and trebly for me, doesn't really fit with the heavy kick drum.

i like the riffs, they have a good, if a bit straightforward, groove to them. the clean bit in the beginning was great. i really like the riff at 1:00. tight playing.

the solos were great! something about the mix was a bit off though. too loud? excessive midrange in comparison to the rhythm guitar? i'm not sure.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
guitar tone is kinda too scooped and trebly for me, doesn't really fit with the heavy kick drum.

i like the riffs, they have a good, if a bit straightforward, groove to them. the clean bit in the beginning was great. i really like the riff at 1:00. tight playing.

the solos were great! something about the mix was a bit off though. too loud? excessive midrange in comparison to the rhythm guitar? i'm not sure.

Thanks for the feedback. I agree with you on the solo. The tone is pretty bad. I just got a little lazy and didnt feel like changing it.
The song itself seems arranged very well and keeps the listener interested. The clean part was pretty unexpected but lent itself to the song rather well. Your guitar playing is tight, but I honestly didn't care too much for the guitar and bass tones. They just seemed thin or too scooped, but that's just personal preference. All in all, it's an interesting tune.

C4C? I'm relatively new to the world of mixing metal, so if you could give me some feedback on this passage of a song I'm working on, it would be greatly appreciated. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1615075
Very tight! It could use some more bass, though, and the drums too sound somewhat thin, but overall the sound quality is actually pretty good! I really like the variation in this song, it continues to be interesting to listen to (which is the most important thing anyway) and I'm not even that much into metal. I do wish there was another clean part, I really liked that in the beginning. The riffs are really good though, and again this song is very varied. Good work!

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1615263