Page 1 of 2
isnt it about time we wrap this up and try to get something done for once?

just a thought
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Democracy is getting boring. People vote for someone to be elected then they complain when he gets elected. Why not just have them complain from the very start? That's why we need a dictatorship.
I present myself as Supreme Leader of The United Confederacy of Euromerica.
Quote by flexiblemile
democracy is the worst form of government except for all the others

sounds like it could have been quoted from someone famous
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Feudalism, with a supreme ruler who is a good balance of badass face-smasher and kind & fair.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I don't think it's working as well as it could or should in America at least. There's a lot of reasons for that. Politically illiterate population, too much money in the system, a seeming lack of desire by politicians to act in a constructive manner, and so on. It's frustrating but I don't know who has the answers to fix it.
Quote by theguitarist
Feudalism, with a supreme ruler who is a good balance of badass face-smasher and kind & fair.

Lords fighting other lords with knights n shit while making niggas on the land sow that corn n cull dat cow?

Joust dat armor n plunge dat neck with overbearing wooden lances?

All while the hot slutty countess blows the winner and ale is spilt all over the dirt?

Im in.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by So-Cal
What are you even asking? I think democracy has a lot of potential.

im asking,
Quote by burgery
isn't it about time we wrap this up and get something done for once?

interpret that as you will
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by flexiblemile
democracy is the worst form of government except for all the others

Possibly the best facebook status I've ever read.
Quote by Nelshizzle
Lords fighting other lords with knights n shit while making niggas on the land sow that corn n cull dat cow?

Joust dat armor n plunge dat neck with overbearing wooden lances?

All while the hot slutty countess blows the winner and ale is spilt all over the dirt?

Im in.

you get a baron or lord who provides for EVERYONE on his land and makes sure they is good and happy, or he'll get assassinated, or revolted on.

then you get some strong leader king/queen who everyone can get behind and so they don't have to waste time they could spend being happy and chilling or working for their nation, on pointless chit-chat and thought about who should be in charge and how things should be done.

that strong leader will just get on with it, asap, instead of endlessly debating shit in a parliament/senate, making everything take ages to get decided on and done.

always gonna be poor, land level dudes, this way at least they get a proper place instead of being told bullshit about how 'if you work hard you can get out of this'
LOL.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
you get a baron or lord who provides for EVERYONE on his land and makes sure they is good and happy, or he'll get assassinated, or revolted on.

then you get some strong leader king/queen who everyone can get behind and so they don't have to waste time they could spend being happy and chilling or working for their nation, on pointless chit-chat and thought about who should be in charge and how things should be done.

that strong leader will just get on with it, asap, instead of endlessly debating shit in a parliament/senate, making everything take ages to get decided on and done.

always gonna be poor, land level dudes, this way at least they get a proper place instead of being told bullshit about how 'if you work hard you can get out of this'
LOL.

we alread did feudalism and it sucked. They took all our money and crops.
nothing works, pray for the asteroid and embrace the end of all days.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Democracy sucks.

Benevolent dictatorship please.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by zenbone
nothing works, pray for the asteroid and embrace the end of all days.

how does the asteroid feel about abortion and global warming?
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
sounds like it could have been quoted from someone famous

I'd say Winston Churchill said something very close to what he wrote.
As long as the majority is stupid, democracy wont work
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
It's hard to tell because most people don't realize that democracy=/=capitalism and capitalism sure as **** ain't working out
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

sure we get to live longer and shit, but i bet the guys living in organized chaos had a fun ass 25 years avg. get rid of democracy, introduce anarchy & chaos & blowjobs.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Quote by Paquijón
Democracy is working out greatly for those in power. As for the rest of us, I can't see how you can reasonably justify it.

Justify some other form of government then. Or at least, justify something other than a republic (which is what most Western nations have; there's actually never been a truly pure democratic system of government).

Quote by vintage x metal
It's hard to tell because most people don't realize that democracy=/=capitalism and capitalism sure as **** ain't working out

Tell me what would work out then.

Quote by laid-to-waste
sure we get to live longer and shit, but i bet the guys living in organized chaos had a fun ass 25 years avg. get rid of democracy, introduce anarchy & chaos & blowjobs.

Chaos AND blowjobs?! I'm in.

Point out what I should wreck to start the anarchy, man. Just point, and I'll start a fucking riot.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Aug 21, 2013,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Tell me what would work out then.

Small tribal territories with very strict land limitations. They can go about it as they please for each territory but the territories are small enough that individual voices/family relations actually matter
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
Small tribal territories with very strict land limitations. They can go about it as they please for each territory but the territories are small enough that individual voices/family relations actually matter

But what happens when tribe #1 decides it really wants access to those delicious looking bananas which happen to fall within the territory of tribe #2?
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by entity0009
But what happens when tribe #1 decides it really wants access to those delicious looking bananas which happen to fall within the territory of tribe #2?

#1 goes to visit and successfully gets back or gets killed. Or #1 gets over it and finds something else in their territory.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
#1 goes to visit and successfully gets back or gets killed. Or #1 gets over it and finds something else in their territory.

Or, better yet (because this is what happened historically), tribe #1 starts a war with tribe #2 that continues for many generations and makes both tribes bitter, angry, and generally miserable in the long run.

In all seriousness, who exactly would enforce those strict land limitations you're talking about? Who would keep tribes from warfare/pillage/rape or outright annexation of territory? Surely, you don't rely on the goodwill of humans to enforce those boundaries?
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Or, better yet (because this is what happened historically), tribe #1 starts a war with tribe #2 that continues for many generations and makes both tribes bitter, angry, and generally miserable in the long run.

Yeah but then it's only the people in those tribes and not huge populations of people who aren't even connected to the community they are fighting for. People are willing to die for their tribe and their loved ones; it's a little more insane to make people die for a large government structure.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by crazysam23_Atax
In all seriousness, who exactly would enforce those strict land limitations you're talking about? Who would keep tribes from warfare/pillage/rape or outright annexation of territory? Surely, you don't rely on the goodwill of humans to enforce those boundaries?

It would be nice if it was an overarching organization like the UN that allows for representatives to meet but doesn't pass specific legislation within territories. I think this is what is going to happen naturally anyway because of overpopulation - too many people on a finite earth.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
Yeah but then it's only the people in those tribes and not huge populations of people who aren't even connected to the community they are fighting for. People are willing to die for their tribe and their loved ones; it's a little more insane to make people die for a large government structure.

#2 offers their delicious bananas to #3 in return for #3 aiding in the military effort against #1. #4, already engaged in a dispute with #3 over the ownership of some delicious kiwis on the border between their territories, joins #1 in return for the promise that #1 will help claim the kiwis.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by vintage x metal

How exactly? People would still die. Also, I'm sure dying for their tribe worked out well for Waodani peoples. Many tribes brought themselves to near extinction because of constant tribal warfare. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huaorani#RecentHistory

Quote by vintage x metal
It would be nice if it was an overarching organization like the UN that allows for representatives to meet but doesn't pass specific legislation within territories. I think this is what is going to happen naturally anyway because of overpopulation - too many people on a finite earth.

And how exactly would the UN enforce peace?
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
How exactly? People would still die. Also, I'm sure dying for their tribe worked out well for Waodani tribe. Many tribes brought themselves to near extinction because of constant tribal warfare. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huaorani#RecentHistory

Btw, who exactly would enforce those strict land limitations you're talking about? Who would keep tribes from warfare/pillage/rape or outright annexation of territory? Surely, you don't rely on the goodwill of humans to enforce those boundaries?

I replied to the 2nd part in an above post

As for the Waodani tribe, much of tribal warfare has been heavily fueled in continuation by colonization and its effects. Look at any of the lands we've colonized in the past and the political climate there during the colonization and after. Smaller territorial boundaries are better maintained because they hep combat dehumanization, the root of all violence. Colonization fuels dehumanization.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Anyway, just a thought. I have to leave work so bye
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
As for the Waodani tribe, much of tribal warfare has been heavily fueled in continuation by colonization and its effects. Look at any of the lands we've colonized in the past and the political climate there during the colonization and after. Smaller territorial boundaries are better maintained because they hep combat dehumanization, the root of all violence. Colonization fuels dehumanization.

That doesn't actually explain pre-colonization tribal warfare.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
That doesn't actually explain pre-colonization tribal warfare.

Literally waited around at work by myself just in case you responded I'd love to keep talking if you wanna send me a PM, because I'm really passionate about the idea of tribalism

It doesn't explain it, you're right. Conflict is inevitable. But I think its continuation is because of global colonization. In a smaller system, you can wipe out an entire tribe and it's dead and can no longer procreate. That is really sad, but it ends pretty quickly. You can only have century-long battles through means of colonization.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Page 1 of 2