I have been playing an les paul epi standard plus top pro, Which I love. it sounds awesome! so I then picked up an ibanez with a floating tremlo. its the rg series rg370
it sounds like shit,i mean notes just dont sound good, cant keep it in tune either. could it just need to be setup? but then again i cant even keep it in tune
Yeah it's probably not intonated. Read the FR sticky, https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226 learn how to set it up and it should be better then.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Besides the fact that it probably needs a setup, Ibanez is known for putting pretty mediocre pickups in their guitars stock. My girlfriend recently purchased an S571 and I find myself reaching for the tone nob all the time as it sounds like it is turned down compared to my other guitars. So if you can swing it, you'd definitely benefit from a pickup swap at some point as well.
Last edited by supergohan931 at Aug 22, 2013,
Get it set up and I have a similar guitar and ended up just blocking the floating trem as I felt staying in tune was more important.
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"