Hi everybody!
First of all a little story about me:
I'm italian so don't judge my english please D:

It's been 3 years that, unfortunately, I put aside the guitar. No more playing with the group and with friends and too much to study.

I currently like a Fender amp 25r that I can no longer see neither listen. It was the first amp and I had, enough said.

I also had a valve head Bugera 333 combined with Enclosure, which had a great clean, but then I sold it to monetize. And by the way it was too big and rowdy and not practical for the transport.

Now my idea is to restart from the ground up with the guitar, then sweep also on many gender.

I would then go on a small amp to use at home in a quiet manner, but knows his stuff if i wanna play outside. Let's say that if i’ll start again with a possible band I'd like to bring it into some jamming session.

I took a look and it seems that i like Orange Amps. But i’m gonna listen up tu your suggestion also!
Thanks and bye!

Budget? 150 € ~ 200$
Genres? Hard Rock, indie, alternative – Zeppelin, Arctic Monkeys and AlterBridge. And also acoustic on clean.
New or Used? – It’s the same. I’d rather prefer buy something new.
Home or Gig? – For now is only domestic use. Then i’ll see if i can restart to play with someone.
Closest City? – Milan, or gonna buy on internet.
Current Gear? – Fender 25r (that i hate), Epiphone les paul custom & Jackson Sl3 Soloist. I had a Bugera Head+Enclosure. And other 3 classic and acoustic guitar.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I would buy the most Peavey Vypyr or Vox Valvetronix amp you can find. Used will get you more. What web site will you order off of?

Nice OP

Hey thanks for the reply!
I've got no idea from what website i'll order

I think first i'll look for something used around.

I've seen a ORANGE Crush 20LDX for 100 € used in Milan, where i can get quite easily.
And just found a 15W vypyr for 75 €.

First of all i've to trade my frontman 25r for some cash.

Then decide how many Watt power i need. Suggestion?

New or used?

The peavey you suggested seems to be really apprecciated by people with my needs
The vox cost about 150€ new with 15-20 W.
Up for the Vypyr 30.

Or, if you want an orange, a micro terror with a 1x12 cab.
The cheapest from Harley Benton is about €50, and you could upgrade that later.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
Up for the Vypyr 30.

Or, if you want an orange, a micro terror with a 1x12 cab.
The cheapest from Harley Benton is about €50, and you could upgrade that later.

I haven't heard about harley benton until now. How's the quality?

Online website for buying in europe? Just in case to estimate how much i'll spent.
I've found thomann. Or here in italy strumenti musicali but doesn't seem to be the cheaper.
The quality is averall pretty good, though I don't know about their 1x12 cab because it has a nameless speaker, which ill probably be of modest quality.

Harley Benton is anyway a brand owned by thomann to sell chinese manufactured equipment, so that's probably the best place where you're gonna find them.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
The micro terror seems to be very nice!

And for the question british/america sound?

i know that vox and orange are totally brit.
The classic british sound is Marshall's,
The classic american sound is Fender's.

Then you have a lot of amps that came afterwards and that are regarded as british and american, like
VOX, for the british invasion's sparkly cleans;
Orange, for the british crunch;
Mesa/Boogie, for the american metal distortion;
A lot of other ones, but the main ones are these.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
After thinking what I need I've actually decided that for the moment it is best to go on a modeling amp as suggested by some of you. So no head + cab.
i'm gonna chose something not too powerful and in line with the price I have in mind.
If in the future I'll start playing around also, I will buy something more powerful (and maybe orange :P).

The candidates are:
Vox Valvetronix 20 + [~ 150 €]
Peavey Vypyr 15W [125 € new] (30w are too much to use in my bedroom o in apartment in Milan)
Orange cr25dxl [150€]

Seems to be that the vox is the best choice.
Preamp with valve and more warm sound.
Quote by Koori90
After thinking what I need I've actually decided that for the moment it is best to go on a modeling amp as suggested by some of you. So no head + cab.
i'm gonna chose something not too powerful and in line with the price I have in mind.
If in the future I'll start playing around also, I will buy something more powerful (and maybe orange :P).

The candidates are:
Vox Valvetronix 20 + [~ 150 €]
Peavey Vypyr 15W [125 € new] (30w are too much to use in my bedroom o in apartment in Milan)
Orange cr25dxl [150€]

Seems to be that the vox is the best choice.
Preamp with valve and more warm sound.

Volume knob - use it. 30 watt amp at low volume will sound pretty much the same as 15 watt amp at low volume, especially when both amps are pretty much the same amps. Why people suggest the 30 watt version is because it has a better speaker = better sound. And speaker makes a huge difference in sound.

Don't look at the wattage. Modeling amps are made to work at every volume level and they sound pretty much the same regardless of the volume. A 30 watt amp can be turned down. Even a 100 watt amp can be turned down.

Also, the volume difference between a 15 and 30 watt amps is pretty small.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
TS, you're gonna "upgrade" from a 25w Frontman to a 20w VT? C'mon man
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by lucky1978
TS, you're gonna "upgrade" from a 25w Frontman to a 20w VT? C'mon man

hehe
don't be mad at me.

You know budget is limited. And i don't want to "upgrade", just change my basic amp with something better.
I like like the Vox VTs and have praised them as much as anyone on this site but at least get a bigger model.
If you go used you could get twice as much amp versus new. Save just a lil longer and you could get out of the toy range and get a big boy amp.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20