View poll results: vote
Cydonia - Muse
2 50%
Wish You Were Here - Incubus
1 25%
Wait For Me - Kings of Leon
1 25%
Voters: 4.

GOAL: You have until the 20TH of the month to learn a song, any song of your choice, with the instrument of your choice, and record it and upload it (to Youtube, your UG profile or any related site). Audio alone is fine. Video is fine. This should prove some fun and a good time waster and all along you're becoming a better musician. After all entries have been made we will judge on cleanliness, accuracy, techniques (ex. good harmonics or vibrato), styles, speed, etc. and overall impression.

NOTICE: Do not upload to a site where you have to register to view/hear the song (ie, facebook, etc)

*** REGISTRATION IS OPEN RIGHT UP UNTIL THE SUBMISSION DEADLINE ***

Thanks to StewieSwan for this:
To export a GP5 drum track as an Mp3 if I just download the song from UG...

Make sure only the drum track is on (mute the others or press the S button on the drum track in GP) and then go File - Export - MIDI. Once the drum MIDI is exported, find it wherever you put it and open it with itunes. Then right click the track and select "create mp3".
If it doesn't say mp3, if it's another kind of format then go Edit - Preferences - General - Import Settings - Import Using Mp3 Encoder and then right click the song and convert to mp3. This is all assuming you have the latest itunes.

These are the categories:

Guitar -- Easy/Intermediate/Advanced -- (note that 'easy' doesn't mean 'beginner')

Bass Guitar Intermediate/Advanced

Other

The finally completed COLLABORATION category! --

NOTES:

Other includes drums, vocals, keyboards, kazookeylele, bottles, or even the almighty triangle!

The COLLABORATION entries must consist of 2 or more people doing whatever instrument they feel like. All entrants for each song need to confirm their participation in order to be entered.

Don't forget the official UG Group for this monthly competition! Join for updates and news on current and future competitions. Suggestions are also welcome!

Please post the title of the song and band you are choosing and the category you are joining. Your registration will be invalidated if your registration is incomplete. (Bear in mind I probably won't know what BBFSTEDT or whatever stands for so dn't abbrv. wrds & terms)

Post if you are interested. You can also join multiple categories but only 1 entry per instrument per tier.

RULES:
1. Please do not pick a song you already know -- though finishing off a song you've tried and failed on sections of before is fine.
2. Feel free to register as long as you will post an entry by the 20th.
3. The winners get points
4. ...
5. Refer to Rule No.1!!!
6. Profit!

ENTRIES:

Guitar

Easy:

Cydonia - Muse (nico_9550)

Wish You Were Here - Incubus (Horsedick.MPEG)

Wait For Me - Kings of Leon (spacejamismyjam)
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Spacejamismyjam, your playing was nice and clean.
Nico's playing wasn't quite as clean, but there was a lot more to do in his song.
Horsedick's playing sounded clean, but damn man you could tone down your effects!

I don't know who to vote for.
Voted
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.