Worst for me was Keanu Reeves British accent in Dracula, closely followed by Winona Ryder in the same movie.

I think House (no idea his real name) does a great American accent though
Quote by Tempoe
Worst for me was Keanu Reeves British accent in Dracula, closely followed by Winona Ryder in the same movie.

I think House (no idea his real name) does a great American accent though

That would be Hugh Laurie. He does have a great American accent, indeed.

I'd say Carice van Houten. She does her best, but being Dutch, I ALWAYS hear the accent come through in GoT.

She's improving though.
Slightly off-topic: I've been seeing a lot of non-American actors in Hollywood productions lately. The Brits generally do a much better job of imitating an American accent than the other way around.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2013/02/19/british-actors-us-hollywood/1918973/
Arguing on the Internet is a lot like being in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded
Idris Elba has a fucking amazing American accent, didn't even know he was British for the longest time.
Andrew Lincoln
David Morrissey
Lennie James

Lauren Cohan**

All from the "Walking Dead" all do great accents. Being from Georgia and knowing the areas that they are supposed to be from. I can say they are damn near perfect.

In fact, I only knew that Andrew Lincoln was British. (My wife loved the movie "Love, Actually")

Lennie James' was so good. He didn't just have a good southern accent or a Georgia accent. He had a perfect rural, mid-Georgia accent.

** I put Lauren Cohan on there. She was born in Pennsylvania but was raised in the UK and has a British accent. She does do a great Georgia accent but since she is technically American, I didn't know if it should count.

Worst Accent:
Dick Van Dyke in "Mary Poppins"
Last edited by jugglingfreak at Aug 22, 2013,
Quote by Jesus_Dean
Slightly off-topic: I've been seeing a lot of non-American actors in Hollywood productions lately. The Brits generally do a much better job of imitating an American accent than the other way around.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2013/02/19/british-actors-us-hollywood/1918973/

thats just because they speak normally instead of all ******ed and it turns out american
Mel Gibson - Braveheart.

That accent grates the whole length of the film.
Sean Connery's Irish accent in The Untouchables and Gerard Butler's in the terrible PS, I Love You.

You would think at least the Scottish could do a decent Irish accent.
Quote by NirvanaLuvr16
Al Pacino in The Godfather and Scar Face.

In hamerica.
Fust ju git da moneee
Den ju git da bpowar
Den ju git da wiiimen
Quote by UltimateGuizar
In hamerica.
Fust ju git da moneee
Den ju git da bpowar
Den ju git da wiiimen

I love that quote.
I'm finally 18!!!
Quote by LostLegion
That Di Caprio lad in Blood Diamond.

This, leonardo di caprio does some great ones.. Especially in gangs of new york and a more recent film django.
A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence
Quote by MiseryMonster
This, leonardo di caprio does some great ones.. Especially in gangs of new york and a more recent film django.

I thought his irish one in gangs of new york was pretty bad, despite still being awesome in that movie
Er...Christian Bale has the best US accent from coming a Briton.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

I didn't realise Lydia from Breaking Bad was Scottish until I saw Lip Service. Duno if it's obvious to Americans though.
Quote by Lord_Doku

I'd say Carice van Houten. She does her best, but being Dutch, I ALWAYS hear the accent come through in GoT.

I thought she was supposed to sound foreign? I wouldn't have guessed she was Dutch though.
The guy who plays Rick in Walking Dead does a good job with his accent. I didn't even know he was British before reading an article there.
pinga
Can't believe no one mentionned Daniel Day Lewis yet, There will be blood was amazing.
One of the Best IMO is Mel Gibson's American accent. I was completely shocked when I heard him speaking in his original Australian accent for the first time.
Quote by Way Cool JR.
One of the Best IMO is Mel Gibson's American accent. I was completely shocked when I heard him speaking in his original Australian accent for the first time.

Don't forget his stellar Scottish accent in Braveheart.
I love the movie and I like him as an actor, even in the movie, but Ewan McGregor's American accent in Velvet Goldmine is pretty questionable. There have been times when I was watching that movie (because its one of those I've watched numerous times) when I had to go back and be like; "they said he's from michigan right?"

And the scene in Requiem for a Dream makes me crack up when he says "Ma! Ah you takin upahs??"
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Dick van Dyke's cockney accent in Mary Poppins is the worst.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Damian Lewis is pretty good. I didn't know he was English when i saw Band Of Brothers, but then i saw an interview with him or something.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by OddOneOut
Dick van Dyke's cockney accent in Mary Poppins is the worst.

Wot you on about, guv'nah? Aint all Cockney blokes be talking like 'e do?

Every "German" in a Die Hard movie.

All of them.
Any American actor who tries to do an English accent in a sitcom.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void