Page 1 of 3
Recently, a local radio station's FB page posted that their producer never comes to work with more than $50 worth of clothes to which a person responded that her cardigan cost $45 by itself. To which someone else responded:

"That's disgusting. I cant justify spending 50 on any one piece of clothing. 50 dollars for 3 pairs of jeans and 4 tops? A whole week of outfits makes more sense"

(Self-righteous, I know)

How important is price to you when deciding your purchases?

Personally, I rarely buy anything full price. As long as it looks decent, it serves its purpose and not used (except electronics), I'd rather get it cheap. If it costs more than $20, I am hesitant to buy. I'm so shameless with it that I would go back to the same store multiple times a day to use the same online coupon. I think that's because I don't make much.

However, when it's something I know I'll use repeatedly like a rice cooker or if it's food or activities (movies, concerts, trips) I don't mind shelling out the cash.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
£30 on a hoodie or pair of jeans isn't impossible. Depends very much on what your income is like.

I tend to buy second hand for wares and new but on sale/cheapest seller with clothes. I only buy at full in special cases where I want to be sure I'm getting the highest quality I can get.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
I usually wait for a sale at whatever store I like buying clothes at. I'm never really in need of them at that moment so it's better to just wait for a sale.

The only time I get stuff full priced is when I need them on short notice like if I going to a funeral or wedding or something of that nature.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
I usually wait for a sale at whatever store I like buying clothes at. I'm never really in need of them at that moment so it's better to just wait for a sale.

The only time I get stuff full priced is when I need them on short notice like if I going to a funeral or wedding or something of that nature.

I'm assuming you don't buy in advance either. Like, oh suits are on sale, I should get one, might have to attend a funeral sometime.
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by kikaykitko
I'm assuming you don't buy in advance either. Like, oh suits are on sale, I should get one, might have to attend a funeral sometime.

No, that would be the smart thing to do
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Veblen goods or nothing, thats what I say.
Quote by whywefight
This man speaks truth and has a beastly username.

Quote by Saint78
you are a beautiful person.
Quote by SwaggleyKubrick

Damn dog, I was just googling that shit
20€ for a band shirt, 20€ more for decent camo pants. Underwear and sock go for 5€ a 12-pack. So no, my clothes aren't very expensive. Only clothing I invest on are shoes, because they have to be high quality to withstand all the abuse they get.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
Quote by Thrashtastic15
I buy discounted quality products. I have a mixture of expensive taste and being a cheap asshole.

Also known as pleblen goods.
Most of my clothes are from thrift stores or ridiculous sales my mom will find

Apart from that I only really buy steam sale games every once in a while

People breaking their bank on clothes all the time are dumb
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by Thrashtastic15
I buy discounted quality products. I have a mixture of expensive taste and being a cheap asshole.
Being a guitarist particularly sucks for expensive tastes.

So many guitars... so little monies.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by blake1221
Also known as pleblen goods.

I didn't read OP. for clothes i just buy what i think is comfy and looks okay to me. had to drop 600 bucks on stuff for my brother's wedding though recently which kind of sucks. but gotta look good when yr in the wedding party & whatnot.
Quote by SwaggleyKubrick

You learn something new everyday.

Does that really make a difference how expensive someone else's things are? If anything, it just makes me think they're douchebags. Must be the Apple fanboy stereotype.
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
Most of my clothes are from thrift stores or ridiculous sales my mom will find

Apart from that I only really buy steam sale games every once in a while

People breaking their bank on clothes all the time are dumb

I don't know how people can stand to wear clothes someone already wore >.<
Quote by Jackal58
I've never cared about "brand names" on clothes. I'll by whatever is cheapest.

Electronics I'll research to see what's most reliable.

Cars. I pretty much stick with Honda. Well made and inexpensive (relatively)
Quote by kikaykitko

4sure thats pretty gross 2 me
Quote by Thrashtastic15
I didn't read OP. for clothes i just buy what i think is comfy and looks okay to me. had to drop 600 bucks on stuff for my brother's wedding though recently which kind of sucks. but gotta look good when yr in the wedding party & whatnot.

No, that was just a shitty portmanteau of "pleb" and "veblan goods."

But I agree. Realistically, I'll buy what I need to but keep it relatively conservative in price. I'm not one to drop 100 on a single shirt. For suits, though, I'm going all out. That's half the fun.
Quote by kikaykitko

Because there's nothing wrong with it? Look at it logically, nothing's gonna happen nor will anyone know if you don't get the gross stuff. It's all washed there by the way.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
Quote by kikaykitko
yeah unless I know the person I can't either
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I think like 75% of my clothes from ages 8-13 were my cousin's. But they were really nice so I wasn't complaining. But he's only like 5'4" so I outgrew his stuff at a pretty young age
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
Because there's nothing wrong with it? Look at it logically, nothing's gonna happen nor will anyone know if you don't get the gross stuff. It's all washed there by the way.

I don't know if it completely does. Ever notice how something that looks clean smells nasty? Or how stains don't always come out no matter how much you wash em? Fabrics are incredible at holding stuff...
Quote by Jackal58
^yeah I did the hand-me-downs too. Okay with that but buying stuff of the internet does feel a tad weird.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by kikaykitko
I don't know if it completely does. Ever notice how something that looks clean smells nasty? Or how stains don't always come out no matter how much you wash em? Fabrics are incredible at holding stuff...

That's why you look at it before you buy it. It's rare anything is stained anyways. And I've never got anything that smelled bad from one.
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
@Bob - some people just have a weird thing about it. It's not logical. Some are just overly clean.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by blake1221
No, that was just a shitty portmanteau of "pleb" and "veblan goods."

But I agree. Realistically, I'll buy what I need to but keep it relatively conservative in price. I'm not one to drop 100 on a single shirt. For suits, though, I'm going all out. That's half the fun.

i dont know what veblan goods are though lol.

eh forget that. further you are from an average height/build the more annoying and expensive buying a suit becomes. plus had to drop 90 bucks plus commie taxes on a shirt and more on a tie to match everyone else in the wedding party. maybe if i was mooching off my parents to pay for it rather than paying myself lol. theres nothing fun about wearing a suit, its just clothing.
Quote by Banjocal
@Bob - some people just have a weird thing about it. It's not logical. Some are just overly clean.

its perfectly logical not wanting to wear clothes that some anonymous dude wore the shit out of. sweat in it, passed out drunk and pissed in it, shat himself in it, jizzed his pants in it, went to a furry convention in it. you just dont know where its been. sure its been washed a few times, but still.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
its perfectly logical not wanting to wear clothes that some anonymous dude wore the shit out of. sweat in it, passed out drunk and pissed in it, shat himself in it, jizzed his pants in it, went to a furry convention in it. you just dont know where its been. sure its been washed a few times, but still.

Well that stuff has no more remnants there so there isn't any reason to worry about it.
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
Well that stuff has no more remnants there so there isn't any reason to worry about it.

If you want to wear pants that were touching soiled ian diaper go right ahead man.
What you know about rockin' a wolf on your noggin?
What you knowin' about wearin' a fur fox skin?
I'm digging, I'm digging, I'm searching right through that luggage
One man's trash, that's another man's come-up
Thank your granddad for donating that plaid button-up shirt
'Cause right now I'm up in her stuntin'
I'm at the Goodwill, you can find me in the (Uptons)
I'm not, I'm not stuck, I’m searchin' in that section (Uptons)
Your grammy, your aunty, your momma, your mammy
I'll take those flannel zebra jammies, second-hand, I rock that mother****er
The built-in onesie with the socks on that mother****er
I hit the party and they stop in that mother****er
They be like, "Oh, that Gucci - that's hella tight."
I'm like, "Yo - that's fifty dollars for a T-shirt."
Limited edition, let's do some simple addition
Fifty dollars for a T-shirt - that's just some ignorant bitch (shit)
I call that getting swindled and pimped (shit)
I call that getting tricked by a business
That shirt's hella dough
And having the same one as six other people in this club is a hella don't
Peep game, come take a look through my telescope
Tryna get girls from a brand and you hella won't
Man you hella won't
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Depends on how unclean the previous owner was because the guy you're describing sounds ****ing terrifying
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Thrashtastic15
If you want to wear pants that were touching soiled ian diaper go right ahead man.

okay
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
Quote by blake1221
For suits, though, I'm going all out. That's half the fun.

Plus cheap suits usually look pretty bad. Don't wanna rock the Rawshik
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by Banjocal
Depends on how unclean the previous owner was because the guy you're describing sounds ****ing terrifying

you dont know. people get up to some crazy shit. seriously, there are people that masturbate to russians popping balloons. do you really want to wear the clothes those people wear. have it touch your skin all day, rubbing against you and just imparting their filth into your pores?

no thank you.
Quote by WCPhils
Plus cheap suits usually look pretty bad. Don't wanna rock the Rawshik

that had nothing to do with the quality and everything to do with the fit to be fair. i really doubt any of you truly go 'all out' with suits, the pricetag for that is around what it costs to go on a luxury filled trip to amsterdam for a week. its all about fit & balance, innit?
Quote by Thrashtastic15
that had nothing to do with the quality and everything to do with the fit to be fair. i really doubt any of you truly go 'all out' with suits, the pricetag for that is around what it costs to go on a luxury filled trip to amsterdam for a week. its all about fit & balance, innit?

"all out" for me would be dropping around 700-800 for a suit. That's fair enough, I'm not some big league player nor do I pretend to be.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
you dont know. people get up to some crazy shit. seriously, there are people that masturbate to russians popping balloons. do you really want to wear the clothes those people wear. have it touch your skin all day, rubbing against you and just imparting their filth into your pores?

no thank you.
Those are my sentiments but some people won't wear something even if it's second hand but never worn. Just little aversions and stuff.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by blake1221
"all out" for me would be dropping around 700-800 for a suit.

eww

you can surely just an equally good one for 2-300, which is still crazy imo but it's kinda gotta be done
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
Page 1 of 3