http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-08-21/abandoned-dogs-roam-detroit-in-packs-as-humans-dwindle.html

As many as 50,000 stray dogs roam the streets and vacant homes of bankrupt Detroit, replacing residents, menacing humans who remain and overwhelming the city’s ability to find them homes or peaceful deaths.

Dens of as many as 20 canines have been found in boarded-up homes in the community of about 700,000 that once pulsed with 1.8 million people. One officer in the Police Department's skeleton animal-control unit recalled a pack splashing away in a basement that flooded when thieves ripped out water pipes.

If you didn't already have to fear for your life being in Detroit, for being shot or mugged or various other reasons, you can now add being attacked by a wild dog. The article goes on to explain that many of these dogs are former illegal fighting pitbulls that were abandoned so I can only assume more dangerous and violent. They're aggressive in mating habits so they keep breeding uncontrollably.

How long before all humans move out of Detroit for economically reasons and the city becomes completely taken over by dogs? Three months tops, says this observer.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Last edited by Wiegenlied at Aug 22, 2013,
Ban Detroit.
Better yet give it to Canada.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
This probably didn't happen overnight. It takes time for dogs to breed so they've had this problem coming.

But then again, with everything else they have to attend to, can't blame the city for not having the resources to prevent this.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Quote by Jackal58
Ban Detroit.
Better yet give it to Canada.

get rid of all the dogs and americans and we will take it
Quote by Thrashtastic15
get rid of all the dogs and americans and we will take it

Let us have Snow and it's a deal.
that's awesome, they should totally form a coupe and make their own government

no but seriously some people are probably gonna go dog hunting which is lame
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
We should hunt down the people who just leave their pets in abandoned homes and neighborhoods, requisition their money, kill them, and then detroit won't have a money problem.
"This one is machine and nerve, and has its mind concluded
This one is but flesh and faith, and is the more deluded."

I love how these recent news articles describe Detroit as some sort of post-apocalyptic dystopia.
Are they still doing Hardcore Pawn? If so, now we know it's fake.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by MeGaDeth2314

I love how these recent news articles describe Detroit as some sort of post-apocalyptic dystopia.

Right? Detroit might have a lot of problems but it's still alive and thriving. It's not a wasteland yet lol
Quote by MeGaDeth2314

Let's play 'Is it Detroit or is it a Fallout 3 screencap?'
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.

UG's only Belgian Prog Rock band member
Here's my Equipboard: http://equipboard.com/wdsuita
"splashing away in a basement" well it sounds like they're having a dandy of a time. Who is this? The fun police?

Seriously, puppy city sounds great. What if they evolve into another sentient species based around their uses of our old technology? Somehow they'd adapt everything to be manipulated without hands.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I knew Tracy Jordan was from Detroit...
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
I bet those dogs dig the techno scene there.

Quote by Lord Waltaa
Let's play 'Is it Detroit or is it a Fallout 3 screencap?'

so should we start a pool on how likely it is that Fallout 4 will be in Detroit?

BTW anyone into photography should check out Andrew Moore's Detroit Disassembled. Great book. Here's a couple of pictures.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
So basically what happened is people left their pets behind when shit got tough, their population grew larger with time and now most of them are being euthanized. People suck.
<Omri> I love trannys too..
They should build tourism revenue through giant city-wide paintball tournaments. I would go. Paint belly might at least confuse/distract dogs before they can attack you.
I'm more concerned that Detroit has a Skeleton Animal Control unit. What do they know that we don't???
Quote by MeGaDeth2314

What can I say, it's a pretty ruff area
🙈 🙉 🙊
Oh wow. Detroit's got a bright future hey. Just a matter of time before it's totally abandoned.

BREAKING: Fallout: Detroit Real Life Edition to be released in 2020
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Acϵ♠
Oh wow. Detroit's got a bright future hey. Just a matter of time before it's totally abandoned.

BREAKING: Fallout: Detroit Real Life Edition to be released in 2020

2021: Property in Detroit sees a 300% rise in value
🙈 🙉 🙊