When you realize that you've posted something stupid, is it cowardly to delete it?

Poll: Well? Is it?
Poll Options
View poll results: Well? Is it?
Yes
32 35%
No
60 65%
Voters: 92.
Page 1 of 2
yes
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
the correct thing to do would be to make another post acknowledging your stupidity
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
call the other person names instead, tell the other person he/she's fat/ugly/stupid/poor usually works.

caps lock might be another lifesaver in such a situation.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
its common knowledge that lostlegion is a racist, i wouldn't trust him
Quote by korinaflyingv
I've deleted posts before. Sometimes they come off as too offensive, and sometimes not enough.

Besides, seeing the "edited by" thing at the bottom is shit.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Not if it's because of a typo or something you just realized how stupid it was. There's an acceptable time range for it.
Quote by MadClownDisease
No it's sensible and a sign of maturity that you can recognise when you've said something stupid and take it back.

when one simply deletes ones mistakes one will never learn one
Quote by korinaflyingv
Quote by Burgery
the correct thing to do would be to make another post acknowledging your stupidity

No, this is the correct thing to do:

i only delete if it's something i really, really shouldn't have said. but normally i just edit my post to let people know that i'm actually ******ed and that my post should be ignored entirely.
i delete mean and offensive stuff all the time
Quote by korinaflyingv
Quote by eGraham
I've deleted posts before. Sometimes they come off as too offensive, and sometimes not enough.

Besides, seeing the "edited by" thing at the bottom is shit.

I totally agree.
Last edited by Oyface at Aug 23, 2013,
Yes.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by Burgery
its common knowledge that lostlegion is a racist, i wouldn't trust him

your just mad becuz we stole the name of youre country except we replaced the c with an r.
It's just considerate as no one will have to waste their time reading it now.
Quote by kertets
Only losers post their opinions on the internet.
Quote by LostLegion
your just mad becuz we stole the name of youre country except we replaced the c with an r.

"ireland" sounds like a cat coughing up a hairball
Quote by korinaflyingv
Quote by Burgery

lol iceland
Quote by Burgery

niggz, does iceland have any ice all you have is volcanoes that erupt at inappropriate times.
only if it was super inflammatory and no one responded to it yet would i delete it. otherwise i'd just edit and point out my stupidity.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
lol iceland

oh god guys it's that self-righeous white-knight pussy-whipped blonde twat Sweden, bail
Quote by korinaflyingv
Last edited by Burgery at Aug 23, 2013,
Quote by Burgery
oh god guys it's that self-righeous white-knight pussy-whipped blonde twat Sweden, bail

thats a lot of funny words you know there brah.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
thats a lot of funny words you know there brah.

sweden is one of my favorite countries you gotta admit its kinda gay.

i like to see sweden as the smart, clean cut kid in class that all the bullies hate
Quote by korinaflyingv
Last edited by Burgery at Aug 23, 2013,
Quote by Oyface
I totally agree.

Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Burgery
sweden is one of my favorite countries you gotta admit its kinda gay.

i like to see sweden as the smart, clean cut kid in class that all the bullies hate

sweden? well, we're surrounded by weird people...

a neighbour to finland and denmark will always come off as gay because they are extremely ****ing weird.

Edit:

and no

I feel like that chinese guy in Simpsons when someone calls China out for not being call like they used to "China still cool!". Just replace China with Sweden and cool with gay.
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Aug 23, 2013,
I would say that after an amount of time, it's ok. It should be left up until the thread is tapped out and everyone's moved on to something else.

On the other hand, I'd rather not have a record of the things I've written while intoxicated and/or 15 years old. I have no problem getting rid of those posts.
If I've been drinking or haven't slept in two days or something I'll delete whatever BS I've typed if it's particularly bad. Generally I just edit or something.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
I think it really depends. You obviously can't erase things you say in a real life conversation, but in a real life conversation you think differently anyways. You are much more likely to over speculate and overstate when given a blank space to write in and submit to the public all at once.
Quote by CF_Mono
I think it really depends. You obviously can't erase things you say in a real life conversation, but in a real life conversation you think differently anyways. You are much more likely to over speculate and overstate when given a blank space to write in and submit to the public all at once.
and IRL people tend to make their views a little more curved to how they think who they're talking to will like so as to avoid confrontation and all that jazz

Quote by rolandroi
Yes..
_________
Last edited by rolandroi : Today at 07:24 PM.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Aug 23, 2013,
Nah, but I'd leave it as a reminder that I shouldn't be so stupid.

Hard to learn from mistakes if you don't pay for them.
Page 1 of 2