I have a Xavier guitar with soapbars in it pictured below. I can not handle the hum so I want to put either Dimarzio noiseless soapbars in it or more to my budget GFS Mini Humbuckers which are 10% off right now

My questions are one has anybody tried these especially the Fat Mini, second what pots go best with Mini's, and third should I go with cream or black rings.
For the price, give them a shot, I have been pretty happy with all the GFS pickups I have tried
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by HammerParty
Those are soapbar p90s, no? Not mini hums. Min hums are like gibson firebird pickups.

Read the description first
Quote by HammerParty
Those are soapbar p90s, no? Not mini hums. Min hums are like gibson firebird pickups.

You can fit Mini's in there with a soapbar ring
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz

Yeah I know I was looking at Dimarzio but I think they look weird. It's not off the table though
Quote by HammerParty
Min hums are like gibson firebird pickups.

Not necessarily. Gibson has four different styles of Minihum that they've made available over the last several years, and each of them sounds different because the construction and magnet placement of them is different.

The one you're probably MOST familiar with is the standard Mini-hum, which was designed by Epiphone originally and which looks (internally) most like a standard humbucker. The Firebird pickup is very much different and has a very much different sound signature. The third mini-hum, with which you're likely not familiar, is the Johnny Smith pickup, which is sort of a hybrid of the Mini-hum and the Firebird pickup, and which shows up hanging off the pickguard of some of Gibson's acoustic archtops. The fourth is pretty recent, is probably the cheapest way to produce a minihumbucker, and it hangs off a couple of models of the cheap Tribute guitars that Gibson marketed beginning (I think) last year.

If you've got a choice, you do NOT want the Tribute-style pickup, probably don't want the Johnny Smith style pickup, and may not want the Firebird-type construction either, unless you have a guitar you want brightened up. The Epiphone style "standard" minihum is most likely what you'll be looking for -- but you should ask, so that you know what you're actually getting.
GFS also has Soapbar HB's
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
GFS also has Soapbar HB's

I wonder if they are any good!
Quote by Rockbly
You can fit Mini's in there with a soapbar ring

That's what I was referring too. Also that's really nice to know. Sorry if I came off as offensive. Just misunderstood!
Quote by HammerParty
That's what I was referring too. Also that's really nice to know. Sorry if I came off as offensive. Just misunderstood!

Not at all
I think I am going to go with Dimarzio DLX Plus Bridge and Neck. I read a lot of good reviews on the clarity with distortion and overdrive and I have a Dimarzio Tele bridge pickup that you can throw all kinds of distortion at and it never gets muddy. Any opinions on my choices?
Quote by Rockbly
I think I am going to go with Dimarzio DLX Plus Bridge and Neck. I read a lot of good reviews on the clarity with distortion and overdrive and I have a Dimarzio Tele bridge pickup that you can throw all kinds of distortion at and it never gets muddy. Any opinions on my choices?

Sounds good, give them a try. Just remember you will want to swap your volume and tone pots for 500k rather than the 250-300k that are in it for the P-90 pickups. Get a .022uf tone cap also.

I do use a 250k tone pot with a 500k volume pot on my LP clone and it sounds great
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate