http://rt.com/news/middle-east-snowden-greenwald-903/

“It appears that the UK government is now seeking to create an appearance that the Guardian and Washington Post's disclosures are harmful, and they are doing so by intentionally leaking harmful information to The Independent and attributing it to others,” the Guardian cites Snowden’s response. “The UK government should explain the reasoning behind this decision to disclose information that, were it released by a private citizen, they would argue is a criminal act.”

>Independent says Snowden leaked harmful information

>Snowden says "WTF? I never talked to the Independent!"

>Guardian says Independent is leaking harmful information to make Snowden look dangerous to the public.

Discuss.
Oh hey, it's this thread.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Just another load of BS delivered by the tabloids
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Banjocal
Just another load of BS delivered by the tabloids

Quote by LostLegion
Stop posting about Snowden

this is less about Snowden, more about the government attempting to prevent one paper having access to info whilst simultaneously leaking the info to another paper.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Last edited by Lemoninfluence at Aug 23, 2013,
Quote by Lemoninfluence
I've become a bit jaded towards newspapers. It sounds like any other information leak scandal where strawmen and adhoms are pouring from the skies and everyone's playing the blame game

And the government doing such things seems more a case of a hurried "oh shit, we've been caught out, better find someone to blame" sort of thing. Maybe I'm reading it wrong.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Banjocal
I've become a bit jaded towards newspapers. It sounds like any other information leak scandal where strawmen and adhoms are pouring from the skies and everyone's playing the blame game

And the government doing such things seems more a case of a hurried "oh shit, we've been caught out, better find someone to blame" sort of thing. Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

any other leak scandal?

There's been 2 major ones and that's about it. At least recently.

The point is that the government is going into the premises of one newspaper to destroy hard drives containing 'dangerous information' while leaking that same info to another in order paper to discredit those who embarrass it.

Also neither paper involved is a tabloid.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
They're probably under close observation from the cuntservatives to ensure that they play ball.

Luckily newspapers are going extinct and their bollocks won't be dangling all over the media for much longer.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Last edited by Todd Hart at Aug 23, 2013,
Quote by Lemoninfluence
any other leak scandal?

There's been 2 major ones and that's about it. At least recently.

The point is that the government is going into the premises of one newspaper to destroy hard drives containing 'dangerous information' while leaking that same info to another in order paper to discredit those who embarrass it.

Also neither paper involved is a tabloid.
Ah. My understanding of what that was was a little askew.

Yeah, I read it wrong. Sorry. long day/stupidness.

So basically they ****ed up and are trying to implicate someone else by leaking the information (or part of it) which they didn't want leaking?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Banjocal
Ah. My understanding of what that was was a little askew.

Yeah, I read it wrong. Sorry. long day/stupidness.

So basically they ****ed up and are trying to implicate someone else by leaking the information (or part of it) which they didn't want leaking?

Kind of, but they didn't **** up by leaking it - they wanted to leak it, and did, but then got told off by the government.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Alright, got it. Still seems a very much "we're in a tight situation, let's push the blame around" based case.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

The government is doing a terrible job at trying to pick up the pieces of this whistleblower situation. Absolutely everything that has been done about it makes everyone involved look like a total asshat (except Snowden that is)
Last edited by RPGoof at Aug 23, 2013,
"the Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ) told [the Guardian’s editor Alan Rusbridger] that he would either have to hand over all the classified documents or have the newspaper’s hard drives destroyed. "

>he would either have to hand over all the classified documents or have the newspaper’s hard drives destroyed.

>have the newspaper’s hard drives destroyed.

surely that is more than just "oh, newspapers are silly, people just trying to move the blame around etc."

EDIT: Apparently the hard drives were already destroyed two days ago.
http://www.theguardian.com/media/2013/aug/21/smashing-snowden-hard-drives-sinister
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Last edited by Hereiwas at Aug 23, 2013,