Hello, does anyone know of any software or app or effects that can process the sound from a standard tuned guitar and change the sound so it sounds as though its in a different tuning, like drop D or drop C#?
Digitech Whammy DT
Morphious Droptune
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Digitech Whammy DT
Morphious Droptune

Can only alter the entire range, can't do drop D from Standard.

Only one I can think of is the Antares autotune system like the Peavey AT-200 is using?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I think he means actual software for PC, not pedals? But yeah, look for simialr models in software if that's what you're referring to.
Quote by HammerParty
I think he means actual software for PC, not pedals? But yeah, look for simialr models in software if that's what you're referring to.

He asked for software, app or FX that could do it
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
For what I remember, antares autotune in pretty monophonic in its software version, so I don't think he can go for that.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Thanks for the replies, I was pretty sure there was something that could alter the tuning in whole up or down, that seems reasonable but I am specifically looking for something that could do a Standard to say Drop D which seems much less likely.
Quote by iczer
Thanks for the replies, I was pretty sure there was something that could alter the tuning in whole up or down, that seems reasonable but I am specifically looking for something that could do a Standard to say Drop D which seems much less likely.

there is some stuff out there that does it. from my experience devices like the digitech whammy wah don't sound very convincing (the harmonic content sounds real weird).

dsp software doesn't fair much better, the best results i have heard are from devices that use midi pickups or special hardware. this stuff can be expensive and complicated though.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae