I have never played a show in my life. I don't know how to set up the equipment, how to do soundchecks or any of that. I intend on making aggrotech/industrial metal styled music. I'm a solo musician, so most of it would just be a track without vocals played from a laptop while I sing. So, what would go into setting that up?
You get the tracks you want, put them on a CD, give it to the engineer, tell them you're going to just be singing while the backing track is coming from the CD.
^^^ Alternatively if you want more control, have the laptop go into a passive DI on stage. That way you can control it rather than the soundguy, who just needs to put the sound through.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Just gonna throw my 2 cents in, there's a guy who plays full-on death metal stuff on his own live pretty often in my area. Some may say it's boring to watch, but I thought watching the guy on his own rip it up on guitar *and* growling this stuff at the same time was pretty awesome! Might not be achievable at this point for TS, especially if it's complicated stuff, but if you can manage it, it looks great to me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qqLHt3cPzk
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.