Hello, I am looking to buy a new guitar, but there are so many different options within my budget. I could go Fender, ESP, Ibanez, Epiphone, Schecter, the list goes on. After reading the "Noobs - if you want real 'Which Guitar' help please provide the following:" thread, I have this information.

Favorite Artists: Metallica, Megadeth, Five Finger Death Punch, Slipknot, Rob Chapman (Focus more on the first 2, lol)

Preferences: I am open to shape, preferably a rather thin, fast neck with XJ frets, and I dont care about the number of frets (whether 22 or 24). I know of some brands, like I mentioned, such as Fender, ESP, Ibanez, Epiphone, and Schecter that all have good guitars within this budget.

Pickups: Preferably EMG's (81/60 or 57/66), but, on a guitar with a cost lower than/equal to $550 or so, I will be willing to change the pickups myself.

New or Used: New Preferably, but a B Stock or a nice used wouldnt be bad.

Location: Closest "Mapped" location (For Craigslist use, if you would) Winston Salem, NC.

I plan on purchasing a Blackstar HT20 soon, if that is any help.

One guitar that stood out to me is the Fender Blacktop Stratocaster with Telecaster pickup in the middle. I dont know why, but, something about it I really love. If I got it, I would change the pickups to the EMG JH Set or 57/66's.

Thanks.
Last edited by Masoo2 at Aug 24, 2013,
Try a used LTD-1000 series, they run $500ish. Then use the leftover money you have to add with your amp budget and get something better than the HT series. Maybe the Jet City JCA 22/50 amps. If you go used, www.guitarcenter.com/usedgear has some great deals on used gear and excellent prices. Krank Rev Jr and a Krank 1x12 cab would cost $400ish and destroy the HT series.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
How bout this LTD EC 1000 VB, I've been looking at maybe picking one up also, it's a B stock...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ESP-RH-LTD-EC-1000-VB-Vintage-Black-EC1000-BLK-EMG-81-60-/161087074088?pt=Guitar&hash=item258189af28

I just bought one of these and it is of high quality from construction to hardware... very happy with the purchase. I also found a promo code online which made it 15% cheaper than the posted price. So make sure to search google for current Guitar Center promo codes.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/B-C--Rich-NJ-Deluxe-Warlock-Electric-Guitar-104812110-i1396014.gc
Ibanez RG Iron Label? They're brand new and I haven't played them, but they come with EMGs stock.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA