So after looking around for one of these models, I decided to try the website gearhounds and they delivered this to me yesterday, a brand new esp M-II Maple! I'm used to an Ibanez RG1570 Prestige, but wanted a thicker neck and this was the perfect guitar for me. The one thing the RG has on the M-II though is neck cutaway, much easier to get the upper frets on it, but everything else I love the M-II for.

I never used Seymour Duncans before, but the JB and 59 in the neck sound wonderful, very easy to get multiple tones. I at first worried about the maple fingerboard, neck and alder body would be bright, but the tone isn't overbearingly bright and I'm playing through a Jet City JCA22H into a 1x12 G12H30 celestion egnater cab.

Also I noticed there's a few brown "streaks" or more-so spots in the maple fretboard, I assume this is normal, no? Also will answer any questions or take additional pics if interested!

Last edited by HammerParty at Aug 24, 2013,
Brown streaking in maple is perfectly normal. Can you take some clearer pics? Perhaps some closeups of the body and neck?
Well the pics I have are high def and I have to resize them according to rules, I'll see what I can do though. Thing plays like a dream.
Brown Marks first, they're much darker than the camera / light shows.

And Requested Photos, hopefully this is what you wanted.

MMMMMMMmmm. Love those M-II maples. If I could afford a custom I'd get the M-I with maple neck and a Floyd bridge.

Thats a sexy guitar though. Love that it has SD instead of EMG.

If it plays anything like my M-I its gonna be hard to put that thing down.
Yeah man. I love it other than those brown spots. If it's just natural in the wood, whatever. But I found out it's a 2011 model, so that's why I want to make sure it's nothing like fret wear or anything. But playability and tone wise, it hits the spot perfectly.
that looks like it's just part of the wood, like slight birdseye or something. Don't quote me on that, though.

Very nice guitar

And yeah i agree, some people act like alder/maple/ash etc. will blow your head off and it really won't. It's brightish, but it's nice bright.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It's a little darkish brown/reddish maybe. I think it's part of the wood, but never hurts to ask. Also I emailed ESP about it, hopefully a reply soon.

Yeah man, I was a little concerned about how bright it was going to be, especially with no tone knob. But it's not like "ice pick" bright, it's like the warmest bright you could ever want.
^ yeah even the lack of a tone knob (on that style of guitar, anyway) isn't a massive problem. on a jazz guitar (or even an all-rounder), maybe, but I don't miss it on my rock guitars without one.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yes Indeed, the knob does get in the way sometimes. But it's just as easily avoidable before anyone asks lol.

Yeah. This guitar is pick up and rock, not spend ten minutes adjusting knobs!
\m/
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?