Hi guys, I'm looking for my first 7 string guitar. I hoped you guys could help me.

So what I'm exactly looking for is not a metal machine. I see all these videos on youtube demoing a 7 string just chucking up and down on the 7th string.

What I'm looking for is something that just gives me more range.

These specs:

H-S-H configuration (coil split)
Floating system that's good
24 frets
Will last for years

So l got the ibanez uv70p in mind but it's premium so I don't know if it will last forever. (people here said premium range is not very long lasting)
What you want is an older ibanez UV. The new premium UV is garbage. I have owned both.

You can EASILY find a used ibanez universe around 900-1400
Want to Buy:

UV7PWH
Dude any guitar will last you 'Forever' (My first guitar is over 30 years old & It's a squier that works just like the first day I got it ) just buy something at a mid price don't go overboard with it since this is your first seven string & you might hate it after a while. I thought I wanted the same thing and I went and got a used shecter that I didn't even like after a while so I sold it not because the guitar was cheap or anything because It wasn't it was £800 but because it just wasn't my thing tbh just Have a look around at the mid level stuff from Shecter, Ibanez or even the Rondo Music stuff. Best of luck Cheers
Quote by liampje

H-S-H configuration (coil split)
Floating system that's good
24 frets
Will last for years

So l got the ibanez uv70p in mind but it's premium so I don't know if it will last forever. (people here said premium range is not very long lasting)

The "last for years" thing is entirely up to you and your care for your guitar.
Honestly, the H-S-H configuration is the only thing that limits your vision here -- so many 7-strings ARE used for two-string metal power chords that the middle single coil is in the minority. The GOOD news is that most metal players want 24 frets and the longer scales (and body styles) usually associated with 7-strings make that easy, so that's pretty common.

After that, it depends on your price range and your location (Agiles and Carvins are going to be tough to source in EU, but Ibanez is everywhere).
Quote by dspellman
The "last for years" thing is entirely up to you and your care for your guitar.
Honestly, the H-S-H configuration is the only thing that limits your vision here -- so many 7-strings ARE used for two-string metal power chords that the middle single coil is in the minority. The GOOD news is that most metal players want 24 frets and the longer scales (and body styles) usually associated with 7-strings make that easy, so that's pretty common.

After that, it depends on your price range and your location (Agiles and Carvins are going to be tough to source in EU, but Ibanez is everywhere).

I know it limits my vision a lot. But I really want to have the HSH, so I'm limited to universe models. :p
Carvin's DC747

http://www.carvinguitars.com/catalog/guitars/dc747

Music-Go-Round happens to have a used one, but you'll have to contact them about international shipping:

http://www.musicgoroundgreenfield.com/detail.aspx?id=1409463
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Aug 24, 2013,
What do you mean by "last for years"? Are you talking about electrics? hardware? strings? woods? finish? etc.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
What do you mean by "last for years"? Are you talking about electrics? hardware? strings? woods? finish? etc.

As long as the guitar makes a sound through an amp and doesn't lack anything it lasted thusfar.
So the guitar needs to properly work after say 10 years.
If you're looking for a lifelong companion, you need to get off of here and get into a store. You have to play stuff until you find something that feels right in your hands. We can make arbitrary suggestions and you could easily hate it, then you might be stuck with a guitar you hate.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X