Hi all, new to forum and looking for the chords to this song. Lyrics I have but nobody seems to want to give up the chords for free. Imagine that? Thanks for any help
I see that this song is done by several different artists...which artist do you want it by as each has a slightly different version or rendition of the song
I like the one by the Hoppers. Quite new to the guitar and just a strummer at this point with open chords. We have a small get together church on Sunday nights and no one else plays at all so I elected myself. LOL! It helps me to practice more and this would be a FUN song if I can pull it off. Thanks Don!
OK, I TRIED TO MAKE THIS AS EASY FOR YOU AS I COULD THUS I SUGGESTED THE CAPO ON THE 3RD FRET..... IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL TRY TO MAKE CHANGES... BUT THIS IS THE WAY I THINK YOU CAN PLAY IT BEST.... OK

CAPO: 3rd FRET

VERSE:
Em                G      D
I will arise and go to Jesus
                   G  Em   D
He will embrace me in his arms,
                 G        D
In the arms of Christ my Savior,
                  G           D   A
Oh there are ten thousand charms

CHORUS:
       D
It's shoutin' time in heaven
    G                   D
A sinner once lost is found

Its shoutin' time in heaven
 A
Salvation has been brought down,
    D
No wonder the angels rejoice to know
    G                             D
My sins have been covered by the crimson flow
                     A
And now I’m feeling fine
      D
I’m walking on the highway with my Lord
     G                       D
My name is written down in courts above

Its shoutin' time in heaven,
    A                 D
Oh yes, its shoutin' time.

VERSE:
Come ye weary, heavy laden
Lost and ruined by the fall
If you tarry till your better,
You will never come at all
Last edited by DON CZARSKI at Aug 25, 2013,
The chorus is correct...the verse I tried to make it the easiest way to play and sound correct without giving chords that would be confusing...so if the verse does not sound right for you let me know and I will correct it...ok...
Believe it or not, I don't have a capo and the nearest store is 45 miles or so. Should get one tomorrow night and will let you know how it goes. Thanks again!
If you do not have a capo then you can play the other chords I have listed.
However, I thought that these chords may be harder for you to hold down where
The others are relatively easy.... By the way, if you do get a capo don't get one of those cheap rubber kind with an elastic band if they even still sell them ...I would suggest getting the
NS Capo Pro from Planet Waves

With capo.      With NO CAPO
D.                       F
G.                      Bb
A.                      C
Em.                   Gm
Thanks again Don. Been out of town a couple days and wife bought me a Shubb C1 capo before I saw this. Appears to be made well??? She paid $19 and I probably would have gotten "el cheapo". NOW...if I could sound anything like the song is supposed to, I'll be happy. Gonna take some work for me to get it.
That's a very nice capo as well...good wife...
Just practice and I know you will get the song... And it will be rewarding once you do