In serious need of a new amp to get that SRV bluesy sound. Im using a 92 SSS strat w/a ibanez tubescreamer on the way but really need some advice on amps to match. I'm a fender guy first but i have played through some of the VOX amps and they sound great too. What does everyone think? Looking to spend about $300. I def need something with reverb but really don't think i need a combo amp with a bunch of effects ill never use. PLEASE HELP!!
2nd, 3rd, 4th, and infinitely agree with a Blues Jr. You'll be able to find one for around $300 used, although it is likely you'll end up needing to stretch a little more for one. You could also get away with a Marshall Class 5, but that voicing isn't typically associated with SRV. Definitely think Blues Jr. is your best option, and it's such a great baseline amp that if (and when) your style changes/evolves in the future, you won't be up sh*t creek without an amp, because the FBJ handles effects and various styles quite nicely.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
yeah srv is more fendery, but as you said, voxes have nice cleans too and would "work". It's really up to you, it just depends on whether you want to get as close to srv as possible (in which case go tube fender) or just want a tone you like which will work for those type of tones (in which case it's totally your call, whichever you prefer, really).

a tubescreamer might work better with a fender amp- but it's probably not too sensible buying an amp to suit a pedal you already have. you can always buy another pedal for not too much.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Peavey Classic 30 might interest you as well, although I'd side with a Blues Jr with everyone else.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]