Any fix other than replacing? It's the bridge pickup on my Mexican tele. I like the sound, but lately it's been feeding back with even moderate gain, even at low volumes. And if I throw a ton of gain at it, I can yell and hear it through my amp. Without even holding the pickups close to my face.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
What you really need is a new amp...

Seriously though, this sounds more like microphonic valves in your amp. Try using different amps/POD, and guitars to work out what's causing it.
Quote by ibanezguitars44
Any fix other than replacing? It's the bridge pickup on my Mexican tele. I like the sound, but lately it's been feeding back with even moderate gain, even at low volumes. And if I throw a ton of gain at it, I can yell and hear it through my amp. Without even holding the pickups close to my face.

Is it louder when you are ready to kiss you pickup and scream into it?
If no, then its a tube.
If yes, then its likely a pickup.
Pot it.
With Wax.
Google or youtube for info.
It's only like this with the bridge pickup of my tele. The neck pickup, and all the pickups of my friend's tele and my humbucker equipped ibanez don't make the squeals or have the super sensitivity to my voice coming through.

Also, it should have said "microphonic pickups" not microphones.
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Yeah I watched so e tutorials. Going to give it a try soon. Thanks guys.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣