Hai there GG&A, been far too long!

Developing specs for a Warmoth build I intend to order sometime in the next year, or whenever the funds for the build have been acquired. Going to be a walnut/alder Tele Deluxe style guitar with P-90s, to an extent inspired by the Fender TC-90 and JA-90.

Basically want to hear your opinions on the best available P-90s for a range of styles from ambient post-rock to 90s alternative that touches on Zeppelin and dabbles in pop.

Specifically, I need a pickup that can deliver a nice ballsy rhythm tone while also being clear and distinct for lead playing/soloing.

Thanks in advance, everyone!
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
I haven't played a ton of P-90s, but of the available options that I have tried, I actually like Gibsons and Seymour Duncan antiquities the best. No need to spend big bucks on boutiques, imo.
Sweet, that's what I've been thinking as well. I really dig the SDs in the TC90 and JA90. Don't have any experience with the Antiquity series, though.

Also, you pretty much have the best avatar on UG.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone

Also, you pretty much have the best avatar on UG.

lol yeah it's pretty good

i'm not that well up on p90s either. i liked the standard duncan sp90-1 (though i felt the bridge pickup was possibly a bit weak; unfortunately the other hotter models are probably too hot and ceramic, though I don't think i've tried them), and the gibsons were quite nice too but maybe a little hot for my taste.

i haven't tried any of the boutique ones.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?