Hi. I am looking to sell my Ibanez but cannot figure out which model it is. Lots of people have tried and failed to identify it even the UK's biggest guitar parts distributor who have sent out the wrong parts 3 times in a row (needed a new whammy bar)

Would be very grateful if someone could finally solve this mystery?

Serial = Japan F0129101
Trem= Lo-TRS licensed by Floyd Rose

Closest I have been able to get is the RG470 but the replacement whammy I was sent didn't fit and the US catalogue for 2001 doesn't include Lo-TRS models in colours other than Ti, NP, BP and BK. Could also be a 570 LP with an aftermarket Lo-TRS maybe?
Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg
Last edited by Urbanvictim at Aug 26, 2013,
Are you sure it's a Lo-TRS and not a Lo-TRS II? Give us close up pics of the bridge, and the back of the headstock.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
could you get better close-up pics?

looks to me like a japanese-made 470 (the serial number is the clue, also looks like it has v-series pickups) which i'm guessing would have a lo-trs, not a lo-trs II, but i could be wrong.

ibanez rules probably has parts if you get no joy from the UK distributor.

EDIT@: also probably don't buy another lo-trs, they aren't great. an OFR, schaller or gotoh (don't quote me, all their websites have routing diagrams which you should check against your guitar before forking out any money) trem should be a direct swap, apart from the studs, which would be a better idea.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Aug 25, 2013,
Thanks for the quick responses guys. I have posted a close up picture of the Trem if that helps
^
don't think I didn't see what you did there

It wouldn't be a 570 with a Lo-TRS...it's defintiely a 470 of some kind, it's probably just an import.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
^
don't think I didn't see what you did there

Mine was actually changed while I was still researching. Didn't even see your post.
Last edited by Blackfire. at Aug 26, 2013,
imma quote you next time...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
imma quote you next time...

? We just happened to post at the same time. Look at the time stamps. I wouldn't change my post for some strangers opinion who could be wrong about everything they type for all I know. You're a funny guy lol
I know that a Gotoh 1996 will drop right in a Lo-TRS II Route. Not sure about a Lo-TRS. Changing the studs is not difficult at all either, which is recommended for a full upgrade. You just pull the old studs, fill the hole with a temporary piece of dowel and drill out bigger holes for the Gotoh 1996 studs.

Of course none of that matters if you are just trying to sell it.
Last edited by poppameth at Aug 26, 2013,
One of the guys from Ibanez forums saved the day. It's an Rg470 MIJ. Thanks for all the helpful comments there gents. Finally know after all this time!
^ wut

i said it was probably a 470 from the start

No worries though, as long as you know what it is, that's all that matters
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah you were right Dave. I just couldn't confirm it without knowing the full model name including colour and the specifications which make it a 470. Shame Ibanez aren't a little more helpful (eg maybe put the model number on the guitar, or have model descriptions/database on their website)
no worries

Ibanez has all the old catalogues on its website. They can be a bit of a pain to find, but they're there. Under "archive" or something like that.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?