I picked up a pair of these pickups the other day and I want to see if any of you guys know a thing or two about these here pickups. The back of the pickups has a stamp that reads, "Patent Applied For. Made by Goto(h)".

So... Ive read that these pups went into the Washburn guitars from '79 to, I don't know when. Later eighties perhaps. I hear they are comparable to Dimarzio Super Distortions... I guess a copy of the Dimarzio S.D. from Washburn? They were put into the Hawks and what nots of the eighties.. the winged series I believe.

I just want to see what you guys know about these. If any of you have had any experience with them or own/ have owned an older Washburn with these.
The tell tale sign, for myself atleast, is the double adjustment springs on one end of the pickup. Ive never seen this before.
Any information what so ever about these pups would be absolutely amazing. I have a Epi LP Studio that Im considering putting them in, but I don't know if it'd really be worth it.
Thanks guys,
- Josh
Attachments:
PAFFfront.JPG
PAFfRear.JPG
Epiphone Les Paul Studio/Stock
Squier Trans Fat Strat HH/EMGs
Squier Standard Strat/Stock
Ibanez Acoustic/Ele EW20ASE
Blue Voodoo 120H
ZOOM G9.2tt
Anybody, please? Information?
Blue Voodoo 120H
ZOOM G9.2tt
I did a search on those- they seem to be a bit of a mystery even at the Wahsburn forums. The last thread I saw about them there was 2010, with no answer.

Still, that site or directly contacting Washburn might be the best chance of getting the info you want.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
It is unbelievably hard to find any information out there. Im an internet junkie and can find ANYTHING and EVERYTHING... but I cant find much at all about these pups. I could only say that they are really rare and are great or they have a terrible reputation. Nothing saying either way.
I actually did read that someone had an 80's Washburn with these and it sounded great, but one testimony and it being in the stock guitar is not enough information for me to make an educated guess.
Blue Voodoo 120H
ZOOM G9.2tt