Hello guys, first i have to apologise for my bad english but ill try to explain you my problem and find an answer.

I have a guitar Schecter Diammond FR 6 guitar and i wanna find out if the problem if on Neck Frets or on String.

Tunning Drop C [C-G-C-F-A-D]
So here is the problem. When i hit the 1 string i get the sound of D but when i hit the 12th fret i get sound of D#. As lower i go on fret as much is the difference from sound that should be. For example if i hit 1st string it sounds pefrect D but if i hit string 1 fret 1 it sounds D#(+some Hz more) if i hit 1string fret 2 the difference E(++Hz) and as lower on fret i go than worse sound i get coz on 12th fret i should get D and now i get D#...

I hope that someone will understand what i wrote and help me with this issue.

THX
your guitar needs a setup-- it'll fix any action and intonation problems. look into a shop near you to take care of it if you're not experienced doing those kinds of things to your guitar.
Yes i know that it need a setup but i wanna do that myself thats why i am trying to find out where is the problem to fix it.
your intonation is off-- get a screwdriver and adjust the intonation screw on your bridge. once the harmonic on the 12th fret matches with the open string note, then you're intonated properly, but check the action as well cuz that can throw off intonation
If you have super high action, that can lead to sharp notes when fretting. Shouldn't be as bad as a semi-tone difference though, so it's definitely intonation related. Check the set-up thread sticky in this forum on how to properly set up action and intonation.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
uuuuuuuuuuuhm is the floyd parallel to the strings? I bet you 10 billion dollars you didn't calibrate the floyd. There are millions of tutorials on youtube that explain how to do it.
Quote by rob904
uuuuuuuuuuuhm is the floyd parallel to the strings? I bet you 10 billion dollars you didn't calibrate the floyd. There are millions of tutorials on youtube that explain how to do it.

My action is ok so its parallel . I red some threads and i think its about that i have very old strings. I have this string about 1 year or so that why i get false sound and not good harmonic.
it's really hard to intonate old strings.

make sure when you change them, you swap them one at a time,
to keep tension on the bridge, or you will have a harder time setting it up again.

to see how to balance the bridge, action and intonation, you'll want to look up at the floyd setup thread, top of the page.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011