dump a(beep) questions not sur...

anyways

1. how come live/concert metal bands have long gain/drive/distortion/overdrive(?)
mine aint

2. is it guitar hardware or expensive amps

3. are those humbuckers good - trussrod, 2 x humbucker pickups

here is full hardware(?)

Harley Benton Electric Guitar Kit LP-Style

no long spoil text thingies?

Harley Benton LP DIY-KIT, Do-It-Yourself Electric Guitar Kit, bolt-on neck thomann construction, basswood body, carved top, maple neck, rosewood fretboard with trapeziod inlays, 22 frets, 628mm scale, 43mm nut-widt, trussrod, 2 x humbucker pickups, electronic 2-volume, 2-tone & 3-way switch, chrome hardware, diecast tuners, 09-042 strings, natural finish, Requires some craftsmanship and tools to thomann assemble
Are you asking about sustain of the notes/chords?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Are you asking about sustain of the notes/chords?

cranked tube amps = sustain./QUOTE]

so its sustain?

im novice for amps or is there sustain pedals?

i have ssoo many questions
Quote by NakedInTheRain
when the notes are long, that's called sustain.

there are sustain pedals, but they make a lot of noise. it's better to have a loud amp.

sustain pedals make notes longer?
Quote by NakedInTheRain
yes. they're called compressors. but they are very noisy if you use them with distortion.

compressors?

forgive my ignorance
What gear are you using and what are the settings?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
What gear are you using and what are the settings?

gear?

line6 spider 4 30watt insane max drive bass around 11 oclock mid around 9-10 oclock treple around 10 oclock

and guitar harley benton r-10 bk rock series
i aint sure what kind of humbuckers in describtion says high gain pickups passives
Quote by peter2160
gear?

line6 spider 4 30watt insane max drive bass around 11 oclock mid around 9-10 oclock treple around 10 oclock

and guitar harley benton r-10 bk rock series
i aint sure what kind of humbuckers in describtion says high gain pickups passives

Well you need to dis engage the built in noise gate.

I would also not use the insane setting. I had a spider when they first were made and I never used the insane, it was too muddy. I liked the Recto channel (metal on the newer ones) but don't max the gain or the channel volume, it will get fizzy as hell.

Start with all the eq knobs at noon and adjust them each up or down to your preference. When you like what you hear, add a little more mids and you should beable to hear a bit of a difference.

But do realize you have a entry level amp with a crap speaker. It will never sound great at all, but you should get a sound that is useable for practicing at home.

The first chance you get, I really suggest you look at a used Peavey Vypyr 30. These are similar to the spider, but they sound much better and it has a 12" speaker which will make a huge difference in perceived sound.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Aug 25, 2013,
Quote by Robbgnarly
Well you need to dis engage the built in noise gate.

I would also not use the insane setting. I had a spider when they first were made and I never used the insane, it was too muddy. I liked the Recto channel (metal on the newer ones) but don't max the gain or the channel volume, it will get fizzy as hell.

Start with all the eq knobs at noon and adjust them each up or down to your preference. When you like what you hear, add a little more mids and you should beable to hear a bit of a difference.

But do realize you have a entry level amp with a crap speaker. It will never sound great at all, but you should get a sound that is useable for practicing at home.

The first chance you get, I really suggest you look at a used Peavey Vypyr 30. These are similar to the spider, but they sound much better and it has a 12" speaker which will make a huge difference in perceived sound.

is the Peavey Vypyr 30 sound like that?
i have bad luck when comes to what i like
Quote by peter2160
is the Peavey Vypyr 30 sound like that?
i have bad luck when comes to what i like

You can get some decent sounds out of your spider, but it will take some time sitting there and playing the same riff and slowly turning the knobs to find what you like sound wise. Let your ears tell you when the settings are good, not your eyes.

The Vypyr 30 is the best entry level amp for metal you can get IMO. Where are you located? You can get the Vypyr 30 for $100 used in the usa.

Did you buy your spider new? Do you have the option of returning it and getting something else.

I've had lots of Line 6 amps and gear, I'm not a huge fan of the newer spider series. They used to be the only modeling amps that were affordable, but now there is many more choices.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
You can get some decent sounds out of your spider, but it will take some time sitting there and playing the same riff and slowly turning the knobs to find what you like sound wise. Let your ears tell you when the settings are good, not your eyes.

The Vypyr 30 is the best entry level amp for metal you can get IMO. Where are you located? You can get the Vypyr 30 for $100 used in the usa.

Did you buy your spider new? Do you have the option of returning it and getting something else.

I've had lots of Line 6 amps and gear, I'm not a huge fan of the newer spider series. They used to be the only modeling amps that were affordable, but now there is many more choices.

Peavey Vypyr 30 and line6 spider 4 30... ive watch some videos on youtube
Peavey Vypyr 30 rules thanks man
personally, i think the spider series has horrid sustain.

the higher quality gear you get, the more this will be fixed. the pros have the best stuff, and with so, they get gear that enables the best tones and great sustain. of course they play well, but playing through a top of the line amp at a loud volume level will always be better than most of us normal people will ever get.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Quote by greeny23
you sound like you're doing it right.

Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

What you really need is a new amp.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly
I have been hearing about MG amps lately. I have heard good about them, but only a few times have they been talked about here.

Quote by NakedInTheRain
cranked tube amps = sustain.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?