Page 1 of 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw

Americans, explain yourselves.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Since when is this an American issue? People from all over the world make this mistake, you dumbass 'strayan.
Check out my band Disturbed
Do you mean to say that you couldn't care less?
"Dude, am I really thinking or am I, just like, thinking that I'm thinking?" -Bill Nye

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
I don't believe the Big Bang
I could care less what Australians think of our grammar.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
**** Australia.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by HypernovaGlow
Do you mean to say that you couldn't care less?

This.
I'm American and I say couldn't. This video explains perfectly why I say this. However, it is true that most Americans tend to say "I could care less." To me, this makes no sense.
This isn't an American problem. It's an idiot problem.

Inb4 hurrr durr same thing
He didn't do anything to battle the stereotype of brits and their teeth though.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Also, watching the second bit of his video just makes it look like he's picking at the small bits. Holding the fort was taken for it's intended meaning, but holding down is taken literally. I forgot that we could physically hold forts as well :eyeroll: Both are perfectly valid because neither is meant to be taken literally, it's the down bit that has his jimmies rustled.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Quote by Dirge Humani
Amazing how a sarcastic phrase has wording that is the opposite of what it means. Almost as if it is meant to be taken sarcastically.

i'm glad there's at least one person here who gets it / isn't a pedantic twat.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo
i'm glad there's at least one person here who gets it / isn't a pedantic twat.

I don't think I've ever heard "I could care less" delivered with a sarcastic intent.
I love David Mitchell.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
The only thing in that vein that bugs me, is when people are saying some numbers (like a phone number) and they say "OH" (like the letter) instead of "Zero".
Quote by CodeMonk
The only thing in that vein that bugs me, is when people are saying some numbers (like a phone number) and they say "OH" (like the letter) instead of "Zero".

Is there anyone who doesn't do this?
Quote by TheChaz
Is there anyone who doesn't do this?

When I mean Zero, I say Zero. I don't say something else.

But I spent a number of years as a programmer, where it makes a difference which one you use.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Aug 26, 2013,
Oh and zero are comoletely different.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
It's like "I could care less, but I care so little im not even gonna put the effort into caring less"
I hate it when people spell out letter phonetically instead of just putting the letter in quotation marks, like "O."
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Yeah, what's up with that "herb" thing? I have a book by an American writer and the word herb is always written as "an herb". What the f**k? Have the same damn language, yeah you too UKunts.
Quote by MetalMullet
Yeah, what's up with that "herb" thing? I have a book by an American writer and the word herb is always written as "an herb". What the f**k? Have the same damn language, yeah you too UKunts.

Because some people didn't used to pronounce 'h'.

An 'istoric event.
An 'erb.
An 'otel.

Sort of a tradition I guess.
An hour.

Both Americans and English keep the "h" silent, so,
Quote by Kopp2
Just be like me. You will get cool by instant

Dayman

Master of karate and friendship for everyone
Quote by Weaponized
It's like "I could care less, but I care so little im not even gonna put the effort into caring less"

No.
This thread's been done at least fifty times before. zzzzzzzzzzzzz
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by I.O.T.M
This thread's been done at least fifty times before. zzzzzzzzzzzzz

And yet there still has been no rational, reasonable response from the posters who utilise this phrase.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Quote by JustRooster
How many times do we have to have this thread?

As many times as it takes to change the world for the better by having people say it properly.
I have explained like a dozen times on here why "I could care less" is perfectly acceptable and if everyone is too stupid to understand a very simple concept... Seriously.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Weaponized

Well that's just counter-intuitive. Completely defies logic.

If you care a little, wouldn't it be easier to not care at all, and therefore render yourself incapable of caring less?

Caring just a little and holding onto that little bit of care so that you don't expend any energy trying not to care is preposterous. If you can't not care about something without expending energy, then you obviously care about something, at which point "I could care less" is completely redundant. Why not just say "I care about this a little bit"?

The sarcasm explanation is at least logical, but it's still ****ing stupid. Is sarcasm used poorly. Sarcasm works contextually. Taking this one phrase and applying to any context in which you don't really care, doesn't carry the same effect as if it was offered up originally and in some relevant. context.
Quote by JustRooster
How many times do we have to have this thread?

Until the people who stop spending so much time talking about "real" English realise that as a language it's perfectly fluid and subject to change, due to region and history.

What's ironic is that he uses the term "holding down the fort", and later complains about the "french" pronunciation of herb. Ironic, because fort comes from an old French word.
Quote by CoreysMonster
What's ironic is that he uses the term "holding down the fort", and later complains about the "french" pronunciation of herb. Ironic, because fort comes from an old French word.

Can you speak French?
Page 1 of 2