looking at getting a Jackson flying V and looking at these two.. the JS32 is priced at a very reasonable £247 while the KVMG is an extra £414 at a price of £661. can anybody into Jacksons advise what the KVMG offers to justify the extra £400 or so spent on it? they look pretty much the same although i know the KVMG has EMG pickups. any advice appreciated! thanks, Mike
Quote by zarron
looking at getting a Jackson flying V and looking at these two.. the JS32 is priced at a very reasonable £247 while the KVMG is an extra £414 at a price of £661. can anybody into Jacksons advise what the KVMG offers to justify the extra £400 or so spent on it? they look pretty much the same although i know the KVMG has EMG pickups. any advice appreciated! thanks, Mike

Overall better construction, materials, and hardware/electronics.

JS32
http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=2910123572

KVMG
http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=2914402577
you can probably still pick up one of the older japanese jacksons for around that (higher) budget. I don't know which models you like best, but i think absolute guitars has an RR5 for around £700 (never bought from them, dunno what they're like).

http://shop.absolute-guitars.co.uk/jackson-rr5-guitar---rhoads-transparent-blue-247-p.asp
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ I think TS may want a Floyd Rose.

If so, absolutely get the KVMG. The FRT-X000 will last you for life as long as you set it up correctly. That's part of what you're paying for, along with the EMGs, and some other stuff (ebony fretboard, probably decent quality alder).
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
The KVMG Pro is undoubtedly higher quality. Never played a good JS series Jackson.

I WOULD advise trying to find a used Japanese Pro series though. They're very nice guitars (I own one).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Offworld92
^ I think TS may want a Floyd Rose.

ah right

that same shop has a couple of japanese ones with floyds too (but they're not as good value as that rhoads).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
ah right

that same shop has a couple of japanese ones with floyds too (but they're not as good value as that rhoads).

Do those ones have Jackson floyds too? Any idea how good they are/how different they are from an FRT-X000.

I'm all for Japanese guitars, don't get me wrong, just whenever a floyd is involved, I think having the best possible floyd you can get is always the most important factor above all else.

Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
i think they have some of the bolt-on ones which have the jackson trem, and also some of the neck-thru ones which have the frt-x000.

And I agree, having a good double-locking trem is super-important. From what I hear, both the jackson jt580LP and the frt-x000 are direct swaps for an OFR (don't quote me on that, I haven't tried the swap myself), so in either case you could argue in favour of an upgrade. But I'd say if you were talking out of the box, the frt-x000 is (IMO) superior to the jackson jt580LP, which has always felt very clunky any time I got to try it. I think the frt-x000 isn't quite as nice as a schaller-made OFR, but it does feel closer to one than the jackson trem. I could make do with the frt-x000, it's usable; I'd be annoyed if I couldn't upgrade the Jackson trem, kind of thing.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Aug 27, 2013,
Go with the KVMG, a big plus is the neck through, gives you better tone and sustain, all around much better then the JS32
Quote by Dave_Mc
i think they have some of the bolt-on ones which have the jackson trem, and also some of the neck-thru ones which have the frt-x000.

And I agree, having a good double-locking trem is super-important. From what I hear, both the jackson jt580LP and the frt-x000 are direct swaps for an OFR (don't quote me on that, I haven't tried the swap myself), so in either case you could argue in favour of an upgrade. But I'd say if you were talking out of the box, the frt-x000 is (IMO) superior to the jackson jt580LP, which has always felt very clunky any time I got to try it. I think the frt-x000 isn't quite as nice as a schaller-made OFR, but it does feel closer to one than the jackson trem. I could make do with the frt-x000, it's usable; I'd be annoyed if I couldn't upgrade the Jackson trem, kind of thing.

I have a japanese jackson that had the jt-580, and it was a perfect fit when I changed it for an OFR. The jt-580 is not bad, but not excellent like the OFR. I would go for the KVMG if you not willing to go used and find an old japanese : P
Jackson DK2FS
Fernandes FR-65

Morley pro series pedal
BBE two time Delay
Empress Nebulus
Subdecay Quantum Quasar
Solid Gold FX Nitro

Blackstar HT stage 100
Marshal 1922 2x12 (V-30, Greenback)
Quote by Dave_Mc

I don't find the JT580LP to be particularly bad - but my Gotoh FR is multiple times smoother.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
^ yeah that's what i meant.

Quote by Heideck
I have a japanese jackson that had the jt-580, and it was a perfect fit when I changed it for an OFR. The jt-580 is not bad, but not excellent like the OFR.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?