Hey everybody. I play guitar for a year, but i've wasted most of this time by developing sloppy technique and doing nothing overall. My biggest problem is probably wrong right hand picking technique, i used to play from fingers not from wrist but now i trying to repair this and i'm probably on good way. ( You can check thread about this problem here - Thread )
After all your advices etc. i definitly feel change in my right hand picking. It's little hard to change habits but i trying as much as possible.

And now i'm planning to make good practice schedule for everyday, i want to develop my technique. There's my invented schedule:

0. Warmup
- Some body stretches
- Left and right hand warmup exercises
- Synchronization exercises
1. Speed and accuracy
- Scales picking - 10m
- Chromatic exercises - 10m
2. Metal
- Downpicking - 5m
- Alternate picking - 5m
- Galopping - 5m
3. Chords
- Changing - 10m
4. Stretching
- Left hand stretching exercises - 5m
5. Minimal movement
- Exercise focusing on making minimal movements - 5m
6. Legato
- Hammer-on, pull-off exercises - 5m
- Legato exercises - 5m

It's around 75 minutes ( counting warmup as 10m ) i could add 15 minutes more.
I have Varigrip to practice without guitar.
After schedule i will just play whatever i like, learn new songs, solos, improvisation, learn music theory etc.
Any advices, suggestions, opinions?
If thats matter i using orange tortex 0.60, gonna try tomorrow 0.73. Green ones after many tries are bad for me.
My long term goal - to play music which i love. I listen to various music: Hendrix, RHCP, Opeth, Jeff Loomis, Satriani, Dream Theater, Pantera.
My short term goal - to repair my technique, and to get on right way with practicing.

Please, help ! : )
Quote by szanks
Hey everybody. I play guitar for a year, but i've wasted most of this time by developing sloppy technique and doing nothing overall. My biggest problem is probably wrong right hand picking technique, i used to play from fingers not from wrist but now i trying to repair this and i'm probably on good way. ( You can check thread about this problem here - Thread )
After all your advices etc. i definitly feel change in my right hand picking. It's little hard to change habits but i trying as much as possible.

And now i'm planning to make good practice schedule for everyday, i want to develop my technique. There's my invented schedule:

0. Warmup
- Some body stretches
- Left and right hand warmup exercises
- Synchronization exercises
1. Speed and accuracy
- Scales picking - 10m
- Chromatic exercises - 10m
2. Metal
- Downpicking - 5m
- Alternate picking - 5m
- Galopping - 5m
3. Chords
- Changing - 10m
4. Stretching
- Left hand stretching exercises - 5m
5. Minimal movement
- Exercise focusing on making minimal movements - 5m
6. Legato
- Hammer-on, pull-off exercises - 5m
- Legato exercises - 5m

It's around 75 minutes ( counting warmup as 10m ) i could add 15 minutes more.
I have Varigrip to practice without guitar.
After schedule i will just play whatever i like, learn new songs, solos, improvisation, learn music theory etc.
Any advices, suggestions, opinions?
If thats matter i using orange tortex 0.60, gonna try tomorrow 0.73. Green ones after many tries are bad for me.
My long term goal - to play music which i love. I listen to various music: Hendrix, RHCP, Opeth, Jeff Loomis, Satriani, Dream Theater, Pantera.
My short term goal - to repair my technique, and to get on right way with practicing.

Please, help ! : )

1 - Get rid of the chromatics. You almost certainly won't need them and if you ever do you can work on them then; if your technique for other things is good you won't need to practice playing chromatics much at all to be able to actually use them.

2 - Spend much more time working on minimising movements and relaxing. If you're going to regiment yourself like this then do this kind of practice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNhhyrnINIU

At least 20 minutes every time you sit down for a session. No metronome, no limits on how slow you go, making sure you get everything as right as you possibly can.

One thing that I don't think FP makes particularly clear in that video though: when he says 'relax', he means exactly that, just relax. No extra movement, no lifting your fingers away from the fretboard or similar, just relax.

3 - Don't bother with a varigrip or anything like it. If you can hold down a barre chord it won't help you. That's the thing that takes the most muscle power out of everything we do as guitarists. If you can't hold down a barre chord then scrap the practice schedule; in that case you literally just need to spend more time playing the guitar, none of this is what you need yet.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdoz16LRz9Q

This man is an actual pro. He's taught a plethora of virtuosic players over the last 35 years as well as advance and invent new types of scale systems and teaching methods applied to the guitar. Check out just a few of his videos. There's nearly 600 on YouTube alone. Theory, timing, and technique. All backed by free downloadable PDFs endlessly available for those with discipline and determination.
1. Okay. I throw out all chromatics. Instead i going to play scale fragments and sequences from "rock discipline" .
2. Okay. Ill spend more practicing minimal movement. Thats definitly awesome thing, and it gonna help me.
3. I think varigrip is awesome thing. I can practice my legato, my barre grip, fingers strenght. Anyway i havent tried it yet. Today ill get this varigrip. Ill decide if i need it after some time using this.
No the varigrip is a stupid idea, you can't "practice" anything with it.

Q:How do you know when you're doing something corrrectly on the guitar?

A:Because the right sound comes out

Q: Does the varigrip make a sound
A: No

That makes it utterly useless for the purpose of learning to play the guitar, it will contribute NOTHING to your development. Strentgh is of little relevance when it comes to playing the guitar, it's all about control and efficiency of movement. Those grip things only train your fingers to grab and work against resistance which is the exact opposite of what you want to do when playing the guitar. You only want to press as hard as you need to fret the string cleanly, anything more is a waste - develeping a light touch is what matters, not pressing harder.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
OMG, what to do now. Plenty of money throw for this varigrip!?

Btw: my index finger moving a little when i picking. Thats wrong? I cant eliminate this.
Quote by szanks
1. Okay. I throw out all chromatics. Instead i going to play scale fragments and sequences from "rock discipline" .

If you have Rock Discipline, you don't even need to be on here. :p