I know several people have these units and lurking around has me wanting one too, what I want to know is if I'd be able to assign an expression pedal to control the input volume and failing that, is there anywhere I can assign an expression pedal to control volume before the delay to be able to do swells.

I'm planning on buying one in the next few weeks regardless of it I can use it to do swells or not, this just tells me if I will want to sell my volume pedal or not.

Thanks for your time.
i just looked up the manual for the quadraverb, it seems if you want to control the volume through the quadraverb then you will need to buy a midi interface and program an expression pedal through the midi interface to control the parameter.

since there is a volume and a delay level you can choose either parameter to control depending on preference.

i'd personally just keep the volume pedal as it seems a cheaper/easier solution if you just wanna do volume swells.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
I'd planned to buy a midi floorboard to control the quadraverb, possibly the behringer one. I've seen a couple used ones pop up for a reasonable price lately, I'm not sure. I know about their reputation with pedals, but I've heard that their other stuff is more durable.

I want to do it this way to have fewer things on the floor and fewer things to set up.
Quote by redhothoshi
I'd planned to buy a midi floorboard to control the quadraverb, possibly the behringer one. I've seen a couple used ones pop up for a reasonable price lately, I'm not sure. I know about their reputation with pedals, but I've heard that their other stuff is more durable.

I want to do it this way to have fewer things on the floor and fewer things to set up.

that should work. i haven't used their midi board so i have no comment on how good it is (though the price does make it tempting just to try out).

it seems just about any parameter you can think of can be assignable to an external midi device through the quadraverb so this shouldn't pose any problems.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
that should work. i haven't used their midi board so i have no comment on how good it is (though the price does make it tempting just to try out).

it seems just about any parameter you can think of can be assignable to an external midi device through the quadraverb so this shouldn't pose any problems.

Cool, that's what I'd thought, but I wanted to check and make sure before I started listing things for sale and fully committing to it.

Thanks a lot
If you are using a MIDI controller, yes.

I just had a look and it doesn't look like overall volume can be targetted. However, you can target both direct and effect volumes and I'm pretty sure you can set it up to do both simultaneously by setting up two mods with the same source but different targets.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
If you are using a MIDI controller, yes.

I just had a look and it doesn't look like overall volume can be targetted. However, you can target both direct and effect volumes and I'm pretty sure you can set it up to do both simultaneously by setting up two mods with the same source but different targets.

I think I understand in theory how how to set it up, but I guess we'll see once I actually have both the unit and the midi controller. I'll report back in in a couple weeks once I've got them both.

Thanks
The Quadraverb manual is great. Read it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification