So I've lived in this house for about a year. Up until now it was 3 of us, all students at the same college who went to the same high school. One of us recently moved out, as he transferred to another college out of state. We'd been procrastinating a bit in finding a new roomie, and were starting to get worried. One day, a friend of mine, who had recently split with her long time on-again-off-again boyfriend shows up with another guy to one of my shows. She says he's looking for a new place, as his lease is almost up and that he's a good guy. He checks it out and likes it, so he starts moving in, and we're currently in the process of getting the lease transferred to him. She denies it at first, but she and the new roomie are basically unofficially dating. I raise the concern that things might get weird if she's dating a roomie of ours and then they split. She assures us it won't be like that, even if they do spilt, as it's totally casual.

Flash forward to Wednesday night, we're all hanging out and she says she wants to go for a walk, as everyone else is passed out. She starts talking about how he's starting to come off as jealous, and how she's missing her ex. She also brings up that he was recently fired from his job at our college for not showing up for a week.

Then, last night, it got worse. Went to bed around 3:30 in the morning or so hoping to catch whatever sleep I could before my lunch shift today, and around 4 or so I hear her crying in the living room. She texts me about half an hour later asking if I would help her if she needed anything, so I reply "Yeah, sup?" Another half hour or so goes by and I hear more crying followed by the front door opening and closing. I go to the living room to see what's happening and she's crying while he's outside on the phone. She says he's been acting really weird and choked her a little against the wall asking who she was texting. I offer to drive her home, but she says she locked her keys in her apartment and doesn't want to bug her roomies at this time of night, and refuses when I offer to take her to a friends place, saying he's calming down. I go back to bed for a bit, and at this point I've decided just to stay up. I'm currently waiting by the phone to see if anyone answered my text asking to pick up my shift.

I'm very much a passive person and avoid confrontations like the plague, but it seems like the shit is getting closer and closer to the fan.
Advice?

tl,dr: Friend fills a spot in our house with her new ****buddy, he turns out to be jealous, unreliable, and slightly abusive. What to do?
Quote by bearded_monkey
Everytime I go into the guitar shop and ask for a G-String the shopkeeper always makes that TERRIBLE joke about it not being an underwear shop

So next time I go in I'm gonna ask for a thong
Kick him out, tell her she needs to dump him as if he's comfortable being this abusive after only a couple of weeks it will get worse.
Quote by blake1221
Report domestic abuse and kick him out, duh.

yeah, do this. but if for some reason the law is not your friend here, just threaten the abusive ****s' cat until he leaves. any man with a heart will back off immediately.
Quote by blake1221

Yup problem solved
I can never think of a good sig.
I could have come up with something quick and witty but filing a domestic abuse report will do the trick.
Quote by blake1221

This is the appropriate response.

Quote by WCPhils
kill him

This one may be more satisfying though.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Baroque_and_Rol

tl,dr: Friend fills a spot in our house with her new ****buddy, he turns out to be jealous, unreliable, and slightly abusive. What to do?

Break his legs for abusing your friend. Don't sit by and let him commit domestic violence.

Grow some balls, Ts.

And rip his off.

Seriously, Just go beat the shit out of him.
ayy lmao
Quote by tubatarr
domestically abuse his anus with a baseball bat.

peanut butter jelly

peanut butter jelly

domestically abuse his anus with a baseball bat

But yeah OP just boot him and go to the authorities if things escalate.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
put a 60 pack of coors and a few wifebeaters under a box held up by a stick witha string attached to it. he sounds too white trash to resist
If you don't like confrontation, you should all get together and tell him to leave.
That way if he tries anything you can all dance on his face.
No second chances, throw him out or he'll think you lot are soft.
Kick him out, tell him to treat women better, and if you here of anything like that again you'll get a posse together and run him down.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Do the following things
1. Beat the shit out of him with a baseball bat
2. Call the police explaining that he attacked you/ your friend and you were defending yourself(make sure that all of your friends will say the same)
3. kick him out
Last edited by zackk at Aug 26, 2013,
Quote by zackk
Do the following things
1. Beat the shit out of him with a baseball bat
2. Call the police explaining that he attacked you/ your friend and you were defending yourself(make sure that all of your friends will say the same)
3. Look like hero in front of chick, then bang.

FTFY
Get ass-naked and sit down in a common area and start masturbating while screaming his name.
Just got home from work, and it looks like everyone's still passed out (go figure, I'm the only one here with a job). I'm gonna talk to her about it whenever I get her alone, after the dust has settled, then tell the not-sh*thead roomie about it.
Quote by bearded_monkey
Everytime I go into the guitar shop and ask for a G-String the shopkeeper always makes that TERRIBLE joke about it not being an underwear shop

So next time I go in I'm gonna ask for a thong
you want some cheese with that whine, TS?
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Report the violence to the college and the police. Do everything you can legally do to force him out.
Stick your finger in his anus and just keep generally acting gay and coming onto him. That should get him to leave.
Change the locks and don't tell him.
When he inevitably headbutts the door down, you have a better reason to call the cops.