Right-o fellas. Here is an admission of utter stupidity incoming.

Just arrived at practice, got set up as usual, set my amp to standby to warm up, left it a couple of minutes to do other things, went back to it, smelt that burning, immediately shat myself, turned it off and realised my undoing... The speaker lead wasn't plugged in properly. Now I know I'm screwed, I'm just trying to gauge how screwed I am. Would anyone know what as a result will have blown and approximately how much this would set me back?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many regards.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Have to tried using it since then?

Most amps are actually okay to be turned on without a load, as long as they're on standby. Since you smelled burning, it doesn't sound good, though
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
you probably toasted your tranny
but i would try it with a load before anything else then take it to a tech to see if they can fix it

NO idea what itll cost thougth
I did try it again 15 mins later. Standby worked, then the moment I turned on the juice the power just died. So it would seem I am the unfortunate one!
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Speaker load is not the cause if the amp was in standby.

Inb4rantonhowthisiswrong..........
Yeah, connecting your amp to a cab is so so so important, because running your amp without a load will ruin your output transformer, and that's basically the most expensive part of the amp.

Are you sure it was on Standby?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Much of this doesn't add up. If it was in standby there was no HT to the tubes so no speaker load had nothing to do with it. That's a good thing because it means your output tranny will probably be fine. Something totally unrelated has happened and "I smelt burning" tells us sweet **** all.
Somebody that knows what they are looking at needs to open it up and take a look at it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification