I know my amp and cables are fine after checking it with another guitar. The guitar I am using the wires came loose and it looks like I have to solder to the output jack. The jack is okay, the jack plate is bent (but I don't think that would affect it). I wrapped the white (lead) and the black (ground) before I start soldering to test, and I plugged in my guitar but I am not getting any sound from it (the volume knobs are up). Any idea how to troubleshoot from here before I decide to take it in for repair? Thanks!
What amp? What pickups?

Try plugging a cable into the amp input and then momentarily short out the shield and the tip with a piece of wire. You should hear a pop; if you do then it's the guitar.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Aug 26, 2013,
Is the amp plugged in/turned on?
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Quote by Cathbard
What amp? What pickups?

Try plugging a cable into the amp input and then momentarily short out the shield and the tip with a piece of wire. You should hear a pop; if you do then it's the guitar.

Thanks.

Well the amp isn't the problem since another guitar works with it. The pickups are stock and I have no clue what brand. Not sure what it means to short out the shield?

Any idea what the usual suspect could be if it's an electronics issue?
Wait have you already soldered the wires back to the jack? Make sure you wired them to the right places
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
You've almost certainly cocked up the pickup wiring.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
You've almost certainly cocked up the pickup wiring.

Any idea how this could be fixed or checked? Remove the strings and pickups and check the wiring? All I know is that all connections are present and I haven't done anything but replaced the output jack. The output jack I bought is the same one so I don't think that should be a problem. I checked the connections to the pickup selector switch and they look fine.

Thanks
You were right about the pickup wiring. I think the frayed ends grounded it. Thanks!

I don't have much wire left. Dumb question but is it okay to crimp another wire to extend the wiring instead of having to replace the entire wiring?